Jfoster99

Troy A4 Other vs New ATF Brace proposel

The ATF just release proposed changes with regards to Pistol Braces and there something that reference that if the gun has a vertical for grip the Brace is give 4 points. ( 4 point being over the limit to qualify as a brace.)

if this gets passed does it effect the Troy A4?   They mostly talk about pistol vs rifle vs sbr status...  No mention was made of “other” “Firearm” classification.

Will these still be available to buy / own?  

I was interested to get one but now no sure if:

A) I should rush to buy one and be grand fathered

or 

B) Be glad I didn’t get one  because they will need to be gotten rids of.

9 minutes ago, Jfoster99 said:

The ATF just release proposed changes with regards to Pistol Braces and there something that reference that if the gun has a vertical for grip the Brace is give 4 points. ( 4 point being over the limit to qualify as a brace.)

if this gets passed does it effect the Troy A4?   They mostly talk about pistol vs rifle vs sbr status...  No mention was made of “other” “Firearm” classification.

Will these still be available to buy / own?  

I was interested to get one but now no sure if:

A) I should rush to buy one and be grand fathered

or 

B) Be glad I didn’t get one  because they will need to be gotten rids of.

Is the OAL between 12” and 26”? Meaning, is your firearm under the 26” mark?

If not, no issue. If you read the worksheet they included in that, there are two prerequisites for the firearm before it would go thru the examination. That is one of them. The other is being at least 64 ounces. If your firearm doesn’t meet those two… should be good, at least how it currently sits.

6 minutes ago, Screwball said:

Is the OAL between 12” and 26”? Meaning, is your firearm under the 26” mark?

If not, no issue. If you read the worksheet they included in that, there are two prerequisites for the firearm before it would go thru the examination. That is one of them. The other is being at least 64 ounces. If your firearm doesn’t meet those two… should be good, at least how it currently sits.

Non-NFA Other firearms are all OAL > 26".  Also - Pretty much every Other is 6+ lbs which is 96oz.  

Remember - this is all proposed..... We need EVERYONE to submit comments once they're open.  We need to flood them.  We're already over 25k comments on the ATF Receiver proposed ruling.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

Non-NFA Other firearms are all OAL > 26".  Also - Pretty much every Other is 6+ lbs which is 96oz.  

Remember - this is all proposed..... We need EVERYONE to submit comments once they're open.  We need to flood them.  We're already over 25k comments on the ATF Receiver proposed ruling.

25k comments for receivers is pathetic. Take the message mainstream to Farcebook. 

1 hour ago, ChrisJM981 said:

25k comments for receivers is pathetic. Take the message mainstream to Farcebook. 

Why would anyone could suggest hitler type social media like facebook? After all they did to Trump? We have to send news to friends and relatives to help on this.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

As written, others would be fine. Those two points (OAL between 12” and 26”; weight over 4 pounds) both must be met. If your firearm is 26” or longer, exempt.

Thanks for the heads up on the comments. Was waiting for it to go live.

12 hours ago, leo-польд said:

Why would anyone could suggest hitler type social media like facebook? After all they did to Trump? We have to send news to friends and relatives to help on this.

I have a lot of friends and family on there. I'll send it through private messages as well as a post to a selective audience. Many of my friends and family aren't following the 2A fight as closely as we do, but will send sn email to give BATFE an earful. 

4 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

I have a lot of friends and family on there. I'll send it through private messages as well as a post to a selective audience. Many of my friends and family aren't following the 2A fight as closely as we do, but will send sn email to give BATFE an earful. 

My deepest sympathies.

:laugh:

On 6/9/2021 at 7:09 PM, Screwball said:

As written, others would be fine. Those two points (OAL between 12” and 26”; weight over 4 pounds) both must be met. If your firearm is 26” or longer, exempt.

Thanks for the heads up on the comments. Was waiting for it to go live.

Might want to go back and read the rules again... 

Anything over 26" is exempt from the point system for determining if its a SBR.. instead it immediately becomes an SBR... 

So every "other" becomes classified a SBR.

Further if you bought one pre made, removing the brace does not change this.  Hope you guys built one instead.

The rules are confusing because they don't acknowledge that others over 26" with a brace a vfg are not pistols...

I bought one last October (2020).  Here's some info from the Tech-Ops website (where I bought it):

• The Troy A4 “other firearm” Non-NFA Firearm does not fall under the definition of an “Assault Weapon” in NJ.
  • It is not a RIFLE – it does not have a stock and is not designed to be fired from the shoulder.
  • It is not a PISTOL – it has a 12.5″ barrel and has a mandatory forward vertical grip, designed to be fired with two hands.
  • It is not an AOW – the overall length is greater than 26″.

So I'm completely confused if the A4 Other would continue to be legal in NJ...

:think:

3 hours ago, FunGun said:

I bought one last October (2020).  Here's some info from the Tech-Ops website (where I bought it):

• The Troy A4 “other firearm” Non-NFA Firearm does not fall under the definition of an “Assault Weapon” in NJ.
  • It is not a RIFLE – it does not have a stock and is not designed to be fired from the shoulder.
  • It is not a PISTOL – it has a 12.5″ barrel and has a mandatory forward vertical grip, designed to be fired with two hands.
  • It is not an AOW – the overall length is greater than 26″.

So I'm completely confused if the A4 Other would continue to be legal in NJ...

:think:

Would still be 100% legal.  If the brace becomes somehow illegal, you can just take off the brace.

• Agree 1

*IF* they should be banned, this may afford us an option after removing the brace.  This is a "pistol storage device", not a brace.

https://pistolmountedsolutions.com/shop/pistol-mounted-solution/

I learned about it here--> 

• Like 2