leo-польд

Reusing other lower

Hi, not sure if this is even possible at all in NJ but can I buy/attach another complete upper to my other lower, sure with all required by NJ compliance like pinned brake and vertical grip etc? If yes, does it require to be made by the same company as other lower? Also, should it be same barrel length as original? Thanks!

3 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

What length barrel on the other upper are you looking to put on?  If you're doing another "other" length barrel w/ vfg - go ahead and swap it out.  You can even technically go longer, as long as the OAL is > 26"

Thanks, what about grip I guess it is requirement for other? I am thinking about another upper DI to mine existing LWRC 12 inch piston other. 

On 6/10/2021 at 9:19 AM, Krdshrk said:

What length barrel on the other upper are you looking to put on?  If you're doing another "other" length barrel w/ vfg - go ahead and swap it out.  You can even technically go longer, as long as the OAL is > 26"

Talk to my FFL and he said - I wouldn't do it, he said his connections to police saying we shouldn't touch or modify anything. I am sure he is wrong but this is what he said.

On 6/10/2021 at 9:19 AM, Krdshrk said:

Talk to my FFL and he said - I wouldn't do it, he said his connections to police saying we shouldn't touch or modify anything. I am sure he is wrong but this is what he said.

The issue with your question is... what happens with the upper you took off? 

Can it constitute "parts" used to construct an SBR or nj assualt weapon? If you have any ar15 rifles I would say yes. 

I would think they stopped carrying others because the ATF is looking to ban anything with a brace on it. 

What's the diff if its a spare other uppers versus spare rifle uppers? Isn't it the same dilemma end of the day? Most important I would think if assembled other upper to keep the vert grip intact? Is that a safe assumption? Then again never assume anything in NJ lol.