Downtownv

Make your voice heard!

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/06/10/2021-12176/factoring-criteria-for-firearms-with-attached-stabilizing-braces#open-comment

Make your voice heard and comment on how you feel about these new proposals. They need to hear from We the People!

Oh they meed you to reference this:

They can and will likely remove your comment if it doesn't include ATF 2021R-08

in your comment

This guy has a good well though out arguement here: https://www.regulations.gov/comment/ATF-2021-0002-0011

Here's a template for commenting on stabilizing braces proposal:

Re: ATF 2021R-08 

The ATF MUST immediately withdraw its proposed rules to criminalize pistol braces. 

According to your own reports, 3 million pistol braces have been sold since 2013. This new rule would make each and every one of these devices worthless and a felony if not registered.

You would be turning millions of otherwise law-abiding gun owners into FELONS overnight. 

Moreover, your own research shows that this proposed rule would cost the gun industry and everyday gun-owners, who are already struggling to navigate through our country's economic hardships, tens  -  if not hundreds  -  of millions of dollars in conversions, taxes, and destruction of their own property. 

In fact, the new ATF "test" to determine if a pistol counts as a pistol is unfeasible for millions of law-abiding citizens. 

It appears that the ATF has intentionally designed its Factoring Criteria for Rifled Barrel Weapons with Accessories Commonly Referred to as "Stabilizing Braces"  to effect a complete ban of every pistol-braced firearm currently on the market. 

Reviewing the ATF's proposed "worksheet" that would be used to classify firearms as either legal pistols or illegal short-barreled rifles, literally NO pistol-braced firearms would count as a pistol. 

Yet most pistol-braced firearms would fail Section I of the worksheet, because all but the shortest AR-style firearms are over ATF's new 26-inch limit on a pistol's maximum length. 
Moreover, under Section II, virtually all (if not all) pistol braces on the market-including those previously approved for sale by ATF-would receive more than four allowed "points," meaning the firearm would be classified as a short-barreled rifle. 

And who would this proposal even help?

The ATF has arbitrarily decided that a Pistol AR is a "gangster type weapon," despite criminals actually preferring handguns to rifles.

4 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

This guy has a good well though out arguement here: https://www.regulations.gov/comment/ATF-2021-0002-0011

Here's a template for commenting on stabilizing braces proposal:

Re: ATF 2021R-08 

The ATF MUST immediately withdraw its proposed rules to criminalize pistol braces. 

According to your own reports, 3 million pistol braces have been sold since 2013. This new rule would make each and every one of these devices worthless and a felony if not registered.

You would be turning millions of otherwise law-abiding gun owners into FELONS overnight. 

Moreover, your own research shows that this proposed rule would cost the gun industry and everyday gun-owners, who are already struggling to navigate through our country's economic hardships, tens  -  if not hundreds  -  of millions of dollars in conversions, taxes, and destruction of their own property. 

In fact, the new ATF "test" to determine if a pistol counts as a pistol is unfeasible for millions of law-abiding citizens. 

It appears that the ATF has intentionally designed its Factoring Criteria for Rifled Barrel Weapons with Accessories Commonly Referred to as "Stabilizing Braces"  to effect a complete ban of every pistol-braced firearm currently on the market. 

Reviewing the ATF's proposed "worksheet" that would be used to classify firearms as either legal pistols or illegal short-barreled rifles, literally NO pistol-braced firearms would count as a pistol. 

Yet most pistol-braced firearms would fail Section I of the worksheet, because all but the shortest AR-style firearms are over ATF's new 26-inch limit on a pistol's maximum length. 
Moreover, under Section II, virtually all (if not all) pistol braces on the market-including those previously approved for sale by ATF-would receive more than four allowed "points," meaning the firearm would be classified as a short-barreled rifle. 

And who would this proposal even help?

The ATF has arbitrarily decided that a Pistol AR is a "gangster type weapon," despite criminals actually preferring handguns to rifles.

@Krdshrk The above would make for a great article on our CNJFO page IF some background explanation was given so that readers w/o braces could wrap their heads around the issue.  Feel like writing something about this since you're more qualified than I am?

---Rosey

17 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

@Krdshrk The above would make for a great article on our CNJFO page IF some background explanation was given so that readers w/o braces could wrap their heads around the issue.  Feel like writing something about this since you're more qualified than I am?

---Rosey

I copied that from another spot (NJ Guns Discord) - I'm still not 100% about the whole thing as I've been too busy to wrap my head all around it.  Heading out for family stuff early today too so I won't be able to get to it until maybe Sunday at the earliest

32 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

I copied that from another spot (NJ Guns Discord) - I'm still not 100% about the whole thing as I've been too busy to wrap my head all around it.  Heading out for family stuff early today too so I won't be able to get to it until maybe Sunday at the earliest

I'll take whatever you can give me whenever you can give it :)   Have a great time with the family & stay healthy!

~R

Missouri Gov. Mike Parson will sign newly passed legislation that would ban state law enforcement agencies from enforcing new federal gun laws following proposed rulemaking from the Biden administration to regulate firearms with stabilizing braces.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_breakingnews/missouri-governor-will-sign-bill-nullifying-federal-gun-laws-spokeswoman_3854846.html

• Agree 1