Keeping It Legal

Crossing State Lines

Under FOPA (Firearms Owners Protection Act) you are legally allowed to transport your firearms across state lines as long as you're legally able to possess them at the point of origination and the point of destination (you're allowed to have them at your home and you're allowed to possess them at the range in PA). Make sure you're transporting them according to law (cased, in the trunk, unloaded, etc etc).

• Like 1

I have traveled many times to Easton Fish & Game where I am a member. In addition to the guidance above, I believe you must travel directly to/from the range while transporting in PA unless you possess a concealed carry permit from any another state (even if it is not recognized for concealed carry in PA.) In my case, I have had Fl,Utah, and Texas nonresident permits, so no concern about going to a store or place to eat after the range. 
Please do your own due diligence on this point including searching here on the forums which is where I originally learned about this nuance concerning transport.

1 hour ago, oldguysrule649 said:

I have traveled many times to Easton Fish & Game where I am a member. In addition to the guidance above, I believe you must travel directly to/from the range while transporting in PA unless you possess a concealed carry permit from any another state (even if it is not recognized for concealed carry in PA.) In my case, I have had Fl,Utah, and Texas nonresident permits, so no concern about going to a store or place to eat after the range. 
Please do your own due diligence on this point including searching here on the forums which is where I originally learned about this nuance concerning transport.

Thank you

Pennsylvania also allows one to open carry without a permit.....when there is no state of emergency, but the current Pennsylvania governor loves declaring states of emergencies (yes, plural!).  The opioid state of emergency started waaay back in January 2018 and is still being renewed every 90 days.

The best I can get until I move back to PA is the car carry exception with any permit already stated above.