Mrs. Peel

Budding Marine Biologist or Environmentalist in the Family? >> Summer Programs

For those who don't know, the NJDEP Div of Fish & Wildlife runs a research center on Sedge Island (Barnegat Bay). They have some very interesting short summer program offerings - some designed for adults/families, but also some programs specifically for junior high/high school students. (The latter programs really caught my eye...  I've long held that we don't expose kids to different career fields and build career-relevant skills nearly as much as we should! It's never too early. And these programs seem particularly well-suited to that naturally "outdoorsy" type of kid... the programs sound fun, too!) 

Anyway, I thought I'd share the link in case any of you have an interest in checking it out... 

https://www.njfishandwildlife.com/sedge.htm?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

• Like 2
  • Informative 2

19 hours ago, bennj said:

Although it looks like many of the programs are already full for this summer, the Watershed Institute located in Pennington is also a good resource. Their web address is thewatershed.org if interested.

I can hit the place with a well-shot golf ball from my back yard.  Great summer programs there.