59 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Why? Why? Why?

Is there anyone looking into this? When the rest of the country is instant, why is NJ so behind on checks?

No covid excuses. No lack of employee excuses. No increase of first time purchaser excuses. 

Murphy blames Trump.

3 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

I was told by Tuesday today.

An instant check that takes 72 hours. Next they'll be telling us that someone with a penis is a woman. Oh wait.

• Haha 2

On 4/2/2022 at 6:24 AM, Old Glock guy said:

I was in a gun store in Florida a couple of days ago, and the customers were a bit miffed that their NICS checks were backed up.  It was taking up to 45 minutes.  :D

I bought back in February in Ft. Myers I was out in 15 minutes. That made me hate NJ even more. 

Today I called Lacey Police Department to find out about handgun permits I filed and had the background check completed on March 30.  I was told that it will take the department 6-8 weeks to approve the permits. I have never waited this long in the past. 

19 hours ago, rtquig said:

Today I called Lacey Police Department to find out about handgun permits I filed and had the background check completed on March 30.  I was told that it will take the department 6-8 weeks to approve the permits. I have never waited this long in the past. 

Holy cow.

That seems absurdly long to me...

I just bought my first firearm here in NJ since the early 90’s and they are tell me four days... The average NICS takes about 7 minutes... Depending on the queue. What the hell, NJ! This is criminal. 

That is after you waited to get permission from the chief of police or sheriff... Where are the lawsuits? How is this not unreasonable and a hit against our 2A rights?

On 3/10/2022 at 10:53 PM, RifeFire said:

Is the NICS system used for more just guns sales?  For all background checks, for clearances, employment, etc?   

Not sure if this answers your question, but in the case of my clearance, no. I needed a background/security check when I initially got my burglar alarm installers license. The state police did the investigation, but to the best of my knowledge they did it without using NICS. Maybe for other things they do, but not in this case  

On 6/23/2021 at 8:12 PM, ChrisJM981 said:

If you consider a 1-2 day wait for an instant background check "back to work". I wish they would defund the NJSP Firearms Unit and AGs office. 

I haven't purchased a new gun in over 5 years (I'M WAY OVER DUE!!!). At that time I think my NICS came back in an hour, give or take a couple minutes. So I agree with "If you consider a 1-2 day wait for an instant background check "back to work"

As far as "I wish they would defund the NJSP Firearms Unit", be careful what you wish for. If that were to happen I'm 100% sure they would incorporate into that a system that would take NICS 6 months to come back.

As far as defund the AG's office, I agree that would be great, but look at the AG. He'd file a discrimination lawsuit, claiming racial and religion discrimination!

4 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

So, not really instant? :facepalm:

I called this morning and asked if it was done. I was told yes. When it was actually done? Who knows. I went in looking for something else and bought a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite since they didn't have the Walther I wanted. I'm still going to buy Walther, but it won't be from that store.

The sales staff wasn't very friendly either.