revenger

rt 10 east hanover store

went to stop in at a gun store on rt10 in east hanover,  was on the east bound side in the Pine Tree Plaza.    found that the mall parking lot is fenced off and mall looks abonded. 

they always had a good selection of used .22s,   anyone know what happened to them.

1 hour ago, revenger said:

went to stop in at a gun store on rt10 in east hanover,  was on the east bound side in the Pine Tree Plaza.    found that the mall parking lot is fenced off and mall looks abonded. 

they always had a good selection of used .22s,   anyone know what happened to them.

That mall is getting knocked down. Townhouses will be built on site.

3 hours ago, Shocker said:

I thought Firearms Support and Storage used to be there with gunsitters? If so they’re FSSArmory up on Rt 46 now

but I may be misremembering 

That is the correct place, moved to Rt46 in Pine Brook.

Last time I stopped by, it was by appointment only, Guess Covid rules.  I walked in there was nobody there, they just about asked me to leave. Ended up staying 5 minutes asked a few questions about an item, felt like they were doing me a favor answering, so I left. 

Wasn't the first time this happened even before the appointment only.

won't go back, attitude lost them a potential customer.

1 hour ago, Bklynracer said:

That is the correct place, moved to Rt46 in Pine Brook.

Last time I stopped by, it was by appointment only, Guess Covid rules.  I walked in there was nobody there, they just about asked me to leave. Ended up staying 5 minutes asked a few questions about an item, felt like they were doing me a favor answering, so I left. 

Wasn't the first time this happened even before the appointment only.

won't go back, attitude lost them a potential customer.

Before covid they were a pretty good shop. I made a few purchases at the RT 10 location. I called a few weekends ago to make sure they were open, that's when I heard about the appointment BS. I asked if they had a slot that afternoon and they asked what I was looking for. I said I just wanted to browse and they said no you need to know what you want. I haven't called back.

6 hours ago, revenger said:

ok   thanks ,    more traffic for rt10.    soon they will need elevated highways all over the state.      

6 hours ago, Jerseyrifle said:

That mall is getting knocked down. Townhouses will be built on site.

If anything like what is planned in the area it will probably be high density multi-story "luxury rentals" (with a sprinkling of moderate income units) plopped down in single family zoning towns.

This is key to the democrat plans to break the suburbs.

The disruptions from Covid conveniently accelerated the process.

Office parks and retail areas getting plowed under for rental units occupied by people who will own nothing and have no stake in the community yet with full local voting privileges: town council, mayor, school board etc.

I was just at FSSArmory to do a P2P transfer (seller’s choice) and I thought it was a really nice shop…the staff was cool to me, who was only there to pay them $40 for a transfer, and any of the tire-kickers in the shop at the time. And no appointments needed any more. 

Perhaps I got them on a good day (well, dayS…fkin NICS…) but I’d try again. 

19 hours ago, Shocker said:

Perhaps I got them on a good day (well, dayS…fkin NICS…) but I’d try again. 

Maybe I'll take a ride down tis weekend.