Is there anyplace in North Jersey, or hell, anywhere in NJ that carries a wide selection of shooting glasses?

I'd like to look at Wiley X stuff, but it seems like only places through the Wiley X website are Opticians, and when I call they seem pretty clueless as to what I'm asking for. 

I get all my prescription Wiley x from Framesdirect.com     4 pairs so far, 2 polarized sunglasses 1 yellow for shooting and a pair of yellowish blue light blockers to drive at night, these help with all the assholes who put those LED light bars and high intensity headlights on their cars,   they are either the Saint or Valor models.

they are very comfortable and I find myself having to touch them to make sure I have them on as they are very light weight.

I have the Wiley X Saber Advanced with clear, yellow & gray lenses, plus my Rx insert. I can highly recommend them, very modular and comfortable. Not the least expensive, but I needed ones that I could use with the insert for distance shooting. Weber's 3 lens set I used to have were excellent as well, and only about $20 on Amazon.

If you are looking for prescription shooting glasses, I would try Academy Vision in Toms River.  I am near-sighted.  My right eye was corrected for shooting with my being able to see the front and rear sights, on a handgun or rifle, clearly, and I was still able to see the target.  Left eye was corrected for distance.  There was a place in North Jersey called The Eye Place, just north of Florham Park on Route 10, but I think the owner retired last year when all of the nonsense started.  Both places advertised at one time or another in the ANJRPC newsletter.

2 hours ago, ShootersShooter said:

The Huntersgold looked promising until you find out they don't offer a clear lens choice. 

The yellow tint makes things pop. That's the beauty of these. One pair for all occasions.  You don't need to switch lenses. I've shot them indoors, cloudy days,  sunny days, they changed with the lighting conditions. If the morning starts off cloudy then becomes full sun then cloudy, no worries. If you want clear just buy a pair of safety glasses.

A great article on protective eyewear comparison:

https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/eye-protection-shooting-glasses-review/

Summary:

Non-ballistic eye protection is fine for keeping relatively slow-moving objects away from your face. Empty cases ejected from a firearm, dirt kicked up by muzzle blast, etc. For faster-moving projectiles such as ricocheted bullets, you need high quality, tested eye pro. I would personally prefer eyewear with a single piece lens for any activity where my face might be struck by small, fast-moving objects.

Individual lenses detach from the frames once a certain level of force is reached, and they are driven back into the eye sockets – sometimes at undesirable angles – where considerable damage may be done. There are good two piece lens eye pro out there, like the Smith Optics Director, but single-piece lenses distribute force much better.

Also, a wide, comfortable, and preferably soft rubber nosepiece is critical. This will, along with good “arms,” serve to keep the eye protection in place during energetic activity – but it will also reduce the chances of the lens being driven down or back into the face at angles or with enough force to damage the orbital bones.

A frame that connects across the top of the lens, not individual arms which attach to the outside corners of the lens, is recommended. This will reduce the chances of the lens detaching from the frame – it’s still possible, just less likely – under impact. Depending on the design, some eye pro with this design also uses the frame to absorb impact and distribute force.

You should also consider how well the eyewear fits you, both in physical dimensions and comfort – and, frankly, whether you think it looks good on you, because you’ll be more likely to wear it if you don’t think it makes you look stupid. Finally, make sure the manufacturer states that it passes MIL-PRF-31013 testing.

Take some time to find the right eye protection for you – and keep in mind that you don’t have to spend a fortune. It’s possible to buy eye protection that meets all of this criteria for as little as $40, which is a pittance compared to losing your vision.

one thing I did not see in that article was that polycarbonate lenses you are trusting your eyes to should not be cleaned with alcohol based cleaners. It makes them more brittle just like UV does.