Hi there,

I was wondering what muzzle brakes/comps everyone is using.  I have a Battle Comp on one of my rifles and a KVP on an "other."  I'm looking for an option to pin on a 14.5" barrel to exceed 16'.  I was hoping for something milder than the Battle Comp, which exhibits too much concussion for my tastes.  A few people recommended the VG6 Gamma, but I would need the EX for length, and it looks to be discontinued.  The Epsilon has the length but VG6 said it's not NJ legal.  The Bravo Comp looks good, but on some old threads here it wasn't clear if it was GTG from a legal standpoint.  Please let me know what you would recommended for shooting in an indoor range.  Thanks.  

6 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Another vote on the VG6 Gamma.  I have it on "more than one" rifle.

Thanks for the suggestion.  The problem is I have a 14.5" upper and the Gamma is too short.  They discontinued the EX model which would've worked . . . 

3 minutes ago, Rick_F said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  The problem is I have a 14.5" upper and the Gamma is too short.  They discontinued the EX model which would've worked . . . 

Ok, then get the Spike's penismightier dynacomp.  It has the length you desire.

(that's what I get for just me-tooing @silverado427's post without reading the OP)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

I've been using the BCMgunfighter comp on all my rifles recently, MOD 1 is the long version for 14.5" barrels. It offers a lot useful functionality while being marketed as a compensator. 

Thanks I was leaning towards the BCM.  Do any NJ shops sell it?  

Also I read some good things about the Precision Armanent AFAB and EFAB.  Would these be a no-go in NJ?

21 hours ago, Rick_F said:

Thanks I was leaning towards the BCM.  Do any NJ shops sell it?  

Also I read some good things about the Precision Armanent AFAB and EFAB.  Would these be a no-go in NJ?

I would stay away from anything that remotely uses the term flash in the product name. 

Both of those are  "flash arresting brakes" 

The BCM is marketed as a compensator. 

32 minutes ago, sgtdave4321 said:

I use a YHM Phantom Comp on a couple of my 5.56 rilfles. I used a EGW comp on a 9mm , and VG6 on an AR10. I am happy with each one. I never really measured them though in order to account for the 16" length on a 14.5 barrel. 

I've used the YHM Phantom - it's fairly concussive.  

Have several VG6's and a few Surefires.  The Surefire is probably my all around favorite.  Both are rarely concussive since they are, well, muzzle brakes.  

Neither is great at an indoor range but there is the Warden for the Surefire which works very well.  There is also the cage you can buy for the VG6 which somewhat helps.

23 minutes ago, Shepherd9 said:

Have several VG6's and a few Surefires.  The Surefire is probably my all around favorite.  Both are rarely concussive since they are, well, muzzle brakes.  

Neither is great at an indoor range but there is the Warden for the Surefire which works very well.  There is also the cage you can buy for the VG6 which somewhat helps.

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately I need the Gamma SL to be compliant and the cage won’t compatible with this model.  Surefire discontinued the Warden. At this point I’m just looking for something that’s no more annoying than my battlecomp brake.  

So I decided to try out something different.  Got the Fortis brake and the optional control shield.  This way if I’m next to others shooting with obnoxious brakes I can use it naked or put the shield on when I’m around pistol shooters etc.