Keeping It Legal

HI-POINT 995TS Carbine

1 hour ago, Keeping It Legal said:

I tried to purchase one today on guns.com and their site said that I could not buy one in NJ. I'm trying to figure out why that is. It is a 10 round magazine. Can someone shed some light on why I wouldn't be allowed to buy one in NJ?

I have one,  it probably just needs the barrel to be welded so it doesn't have 2 evil features. 

16 hours ago, Keeping It Legal said:

I tried to purchase one today on guns.com and their site said that I could not buy one in NJ. I'm trying to figure out why that is. It is a 10 round magazine. Can someone shed some light on why I wouldn't be allowed to buy one in NJ?

I do want to also say, if i was buying again, id get it without the threaded barrel. It makes the take down a little more annoying. 

All Hi-Point Carbines now come with a threaded barrel. That along with the pistol grip is prohibited in NJ. Just need to get the thread protector pinned/welded. A lot of places won't ship to NJ if it is not state complaint as is, so even if your FFL agrees to do the work, you are SOL. In stock at Shooters.

Thanks to the State watching out for feelings, the 995 is banned because it is a butt ugly caricature of a gun and the sight of it offends nice guns. Of course I have one but this junkyard dog of a gun is my go to for HD. If it don't go bang, I can scare away the bad guys with it's ugly. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

I wish I was as happy with mine.  Mine is super finicky with the magazines. It needs to be sighted almost weekly since the plastic below the barrel is slightly off, it pushes the sights.  I also can't remove the front sight because the thread is pinned. I wish I just went with the Ruger or Beretta instead.  

Mine is strictly for home defense so I need it to shoot when I really need it to shoot and so far it's been pretty damn reliable at the range. BTW, it won't win any beauty contests but I don't think it's that ugly. I'd take reliability over beauty any day and the price fit my budget.

19 minutes ago, Grapeshot said:

You can make it a little less ugly (and much cooler) with one of these:

https://www.hightowerarmory.com/High-Tower-Armory-MBS-95-9mm_p_50.html

Anyone here have one of these? 

There is someone here with one. I was actually going to do exactly that last year, take a 995 and do the bullpup conversion. Problem was, at that time, no 995 were available anywhere. Those HTA conversions are really neat.

I ended up taking an existing CZ Scorpion I had, and did the CZ bullpup conversion on it.

2 hours ago, Grapeshot said:

How is the trigger on the CZ conversion? 

It uses the original trigger, and drops back in. It connects back to the hammer with a sliding bar, since it's mounted forward. I thought that might be an issue, but so far, it's fine.

th?id=OIP.StApnISxDy-Fjdm5CAqVSwHaC_%26p