leo-польд

Future of other in NJ

On 7/16/2021 at 12:38 PM, Mr.Stu said:

My point is that the instant a brace is deemed a stock, a non-NFA other instantly becomes a rifle (albeit short barreled) and that is irreversible. 

Which is why the ATF stated once they determine a specific model is a SBR, you're SOL when It comes to taking off the brace.

Since Non-NFA Others are over 26", they do not fall under the new pistol brace classifying proposal for pistols.  How does this effect Others?  I heard that it will automatically make Others a SBR, but where is any legal documentation or proposed legal documentation on that?  

13 hours ago, ESB said:

Since Non-NFA Others are over 26", they do not fall under the new pistol brace classifying proposal for pistols.  How does this effect Others?  I heard that it will automatically make Others a SBR, but where is any legal documentation or proposed legal documentation on that?  

ATF rules and procedures aren't "legal documents" to begin with. 

They are internal regulations to advise agents how to press charges. At the end if they day, the ATF will apply the new rules how ever they want.. 

When they say their rules "carry the full weight of law" they are literally lying. 

Either way, I've seen people post that the new proposed rules will make legal Others automatically into SBR's.  However I've only seen info that shows the proposed rules only effect pistols up to 26".  Others are over 26" and therefore the initial criteria for being able use the proprosed points system to determine legality does not apply.  Is there any info on how this effects Others over 26"?