always_an_eagle

The AK market in 2021, what to buy?

I have always wanted an AK rifle in my life. My friends have them and I have missed out when the good AKs were imported and could be picked up cheap (talking about the Norincos and Saigas). I know prices are slowly coming down and I figure to get one now. The question is which one to buy? I don’t want an American AK and I am looking into the Zastava M70 ZPAP and the WASR 10. Question is which one?

Before the boat accident, I picked up a Saiga Sporting Rifle. The thing was butt ugly and the trigger was in the wrong place and was the worst trigger I ever felt!  The Saiga is made in Izmash and after the conversion it was great!

pkp23xwfaa851.png

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, always_an_eagle said:

I have always wanted an AK rifle in my life. My friends have them and I have missed out when the good AKs were imported and could be picked up cheap (talking about the Norincos and Saigas). I know prices are slowly coming down and I figure to get one now. The question is which one to buy? I don’t want an American AK and I am looking into the Zastava M70 ZPAP and the WASR 10. Question is which one?

I would go with a ZPAP M70.  Imported directly from Yugoslavia vs a CAI Import WASR10...  

14 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

Build a AR 47  upper,  They run like a clock and have better accuracy. JMHO.  

Nah. My buddy has one and it’s terrible to shoot. And besides I already have x amount of AR rifles. You need spice in your life 

2 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Before the boat accident, I picked up a Saiga Sporting Rifle. The thing was butt ugly and the trigger was in the wrong place and was the worst trigger I ever felt!  The Saiga is made in Izmash and after the conversion it was great!

pkp23xwfaa851.png

Nice  that looks great

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

pkp23xwfaa851.png

My Izmash trigger is pretty good.

13 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Before or after you converted it and moved the trigger forward?  Mine was fine post conversion.

Mine is in the "original" Saiga position and it is still good for me.  I also currently have a traditional stock on it (which also came with it)  because the pistol grip was part of the adjustable stock.  I didnt want to get the adjustable pinned because I plan to move back to Pennsylvania real real real soon.