Sniper

Governor Cuomo Declares First-In-The-Nation Gun Violence Disaster Emergency

Did he just finally wake up from his nap?

....."Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today declared the first-in-the-nation gun violence disaster emergency as part of a new, comprehensive strategy to build a safer New York. This new strategy treats gun violence as a public health crisis, using short-term solutions to manage the immediate gun violence crisis and reduce the shooting rate, as well as long-term solutions that focus on community-based intervention and prevention strategies to break the cycle of violence. The disaster emergency allows the State to expedite money and resources to communities so they can begin targeting gun violence immediately.

To coordinate this nation-leading gun violence prevention effort, the Governor announced the creation of the Office of Gun Violence Prevention. The Governor also required by Executive Order major police departments to share incident-level data on gun violence with DCJS to compile this data weekly. This data will be used by the new Office of Gun Violence Prevention to track emerging gun violence hotspots and deploy resources to those areas that need it most.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-declares-first-nation-gun-violence-disaster-emergency-part-comprehensive

3 minutes ago, Bt Doctur said:

why does everyone most every progressive/Democrat call it a gun problem, IT`S  A CRIMINAL PROBLEM

Fixed that for you. We don't, of course. Nor do any of the intelligent people I know, regardless of their political view.

And yes, there are intelligent Democrats (historically anyway) that don't buy into this crap.

• Like 1

This is a public-facing forum. Pls be mindful of that... I had to hide a bunch of comments. If that continues, we may be forced to move it into 1A Lounge (at which point we'll "un-hide" all comments). Frankly, I'd prefer to leave it where it is, since it's of relevance as a legal "first" - but I can only do that if everyone remembers what forum they're in... and shows a wee bit of moderation and self-restraint, ok?

THANK YOU!

i say let him force all of this reporting. i was a bit short earlier cause a customer walked in.

he wants to know exactly where each of these things happens. what's gonna happen is that (presuming honest reporting by the jurisdictions) this study's gonna find what most of us normal people already know. it's gonna find the bad neighborhoods, gang type stuff, and people that shouldn't be still walking among the rest of us as the main perps. they will of course bury those facts that don't fit their agenda.

Cuomo also did this today as part of the Emergency Plan!

Immediately following his Tuesday afternoon announcement, Cuomo signed two bills pertaining to firearm sales and gun manufacturers. The first legislation opens the door for anyone to take legal action against a gun manufacturer using the argument that the product creates a "public nuisance," according to the governor’s office. Products made by gun manufacturers can be considered public nuisances "even if the gun manufacturer did not purposely cause harm to the public," the press release states.

Yeah.....That will really lower crime!:mad:

I with I could sue the estate of his parents since together they created a HUGE PUBLIC NUISANCE....Andrew M. Cuomo

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bt Doctur said:

why does everyoe call it a gun problem, IT`S  A CRIMINAL PROBLEM

Thats not the way the game is played:

Step 1. Government creates problem.

Step 2. Government tries to "fix" the problem they created.

Step 3.The fix doesn't work and creates more problems. 

Step 4. Go back to Step 1.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

This is a public-facing forum. Pls be mindful of that... I had to hide a bunch of comments.

Yes, the public must be protected from truths.  Researchable facts based on empirical data that plainly spell out how we got to  where we are at now.  The truth is icky, uncomfortable.  Let's not upset anyone with facts relevant to the conversation..

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Bomber said:

Thats not the way the game is played:

Step 1. Government creates problem.

Step 2. Government tries to "fix" the problem they created.

Step 3.The fix doesn't work and creates more problems. 

Step 4. Go back to Step 1.

I thought it was:

Step 1. Create problem that is big and scary, and not necessarily real

Step 2. Convince the voting public that the problem is too big and scary for individuals to deal with, but not to panic as X politician will fix it

Step 3. Get voted back into office

Step 4. Issue big government contracts to your cronies

Step 5. Got back to step 1

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

I thought it was:

Step 1. Create problem that is big and scary, and not necessarily real

Step 2. Convince the voting public that the problem is too big and scary for individuals to deal with, but not to panic as X politician will fix it

Step 3. Get voted back into office

Step 4. Issue big government contracts to your cronies

Step 5. Got back to step 1

#4 needs a slight "fix":

Issue big government contracts to your cronies and have them make it look like what they're doing is partially solving the problem, so the next state budget has MORE MONEY thrown at the "problem".  So you (the politician) get even more of a kickback :) 

After-all, they don't call it "Dirty Jersey" for nuthin', lol! :) 

~R