BM59

Goodbye Forever NJ

After 17 years moved to sunny Florida - goodbye forever to: pinned muzzle brakes, pinned stocks, 10 round magazines, NJFIC, once a month handgun purchase and handgun purchase permits, prohibited AW list, prohibited SBR, Mr. Murphy,  Mr. Grewal and anybody like them.... I can't believe how I put up with all that cr*p for so long.

I am going to miss Cherry Ridge. My empathy to NJ gun owners - keep up the fight.

Roger and out.

• Like 8

Good for you and enjoy while you can.

But don't totally drop your guard. The progressive pandemic does not respect borders and the Federal government is still over all our heads. Make sure FL never develops its own version of 'The Blueprint'. They WILL try.

Colorado: America’s Leftist Laboratory - American Thinker

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Congrats.  I'm jelous.  For many reasons.

It's not just gun laws.  It's a part of it.  Put the amount of money we pay to NJ in taxes truly disgusts me.  

We visited some relatives outside of a major Southern city.  They have a very nice house in a quiet suburban area.  I think they pay less than $250 a month in property taxes.  They have schools.  The roads are all paved.  Good public schools, etc.  It really churns my stomach the amount of money I am throwing away.  To top it off, it's going too a State government which has a "belief system" that is about completly opposite to my own. 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

We visited some relatives outside of a major Southern city.  They have a very nice house in a quiet suburban area.  I think they pay less than $250 a month in property taxes.  They have schools.  The roads are all paved.  Good public schools, etc. 

Definitely agree with that. We moved to Virginia years ago for a few years. Great place to live and a great place to raise the kids. Housing was HALF the cost it was here, and taxes were 1/4  of here, for more house and more property.

People asked, "why the hell did you move back to NJ?" :scratchhead:

I said, it was cheaper than getting a divorce... :hang:

Glad to hear that. I’m in the same boat. Will be putting my home on the market later this year and have already begun searching for a house/property in Florida and hope to be there by next year. Can’t wait to leave this shithole and wave bye bye to all the things you listed in the first post! When I move down and get my new DL I’m right away applying for a CWP and a couple tax stamps. Can’t wait to live in freedom! 

Congrats to anyone lucky enuff to get out of this state. But Florida is way off my radar. I just got back from a 3000 mi. motorcycle trip down south. Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky and West Virginia were targeted. So much more to offer then Florida. Unless you need the ocean. I don't. I need seasons, trees, mountains and curvie roads. Florida is just a boring state. I have a buddy who moved to Florida. He gets up early on Sunday to ride around the local malls parking lot on his Harley. Says its all he's got...

• Agree 1