Sniper

Lego Demands US Gunmaker To Halt Sales Of "Block 19" Pistol

Talk about a novelty gun..

......"Danish toymaker The Lego Group has slapped a US gunmaker with a cease and desist letter after it sold Glock handgun kits that resembled Lego blocks, according to The Guardian

Utah-based Culper Precision marketed their handgun as the "Block 19," a "childhood dream come to life." 

On June 24, Precision posted an image of a Glock 19, decked out in blue, red, and yellow blocks that make the weapon nearly indistinguishable from a child's toy, besides the butt of the ammo clip. 

The kits sold for $549 to $765 and made the Glock 19 look harmless because it appeared to be built out of Legos. 

2021-07-15_09-04-57.png?itok=w8lQn2CC

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/lego-demands-us-gunmaker-halt-sales-block-19-pistol

9 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Personally I think that was the dumbest idea for firearm 'accessories' I've ever seen. For a host of reasons.

I agree, not to mention you should probably consult a lawyer before selling something like this. 

While the slide and grip probably wouldn't reach the level of stealing intellectual property. The pieces that create the sights definitely do. 

Is this the same company that does the Nerf glock? I recall seeing something similar somewhere. EtA, that was a micro roni painted blue and orange. 

Doncha just love capitalism?

People Are Now 3-D Printing Lego Guns Following US Gunmaker Halt Of "Block 19" Sales

While Utah-based Culper Precision's "Block 19" Lego handgun has been pulled off shelves, we predicted that the 3D-printing community would begin printing their own Lego guns. 

Come to find out Saturday, that's precisely what Redditor "chairmanjuan" on "r/guns" has done.

Called the "MEGA GLOCK," chairmanjuan posted a picture of what appears to be a Glock 19. They said, "MEGA GLOCK 19X, my 3d printed knockoff of Culper Precision's BLOCK 19 they got in trouble for. The slide cover only works for RMR cut slides, it screws into the optic mounting holes so it doesn't fly off into your face."

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/people-are-now-3-d-printing-lego-guns-following-us-gunmaker-halt-block-19-sales

2021-07-17_19-05-16.png?itok=Tj505xZe