Peter Goldwing

Court fight for second amendment

Its been more then seven years since I have received my  concealed carry permit in Fl. I just had it renewed. All is needed is a renewal fee. Its done online.

I carry my gun most of the time when im in public places. Thank you to all that fight to keep our rights.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-states-brief-second-amendment-concealed-carry-supreme-court

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 5:01 PM, Peter Goldwing said:

Its been more then seven years since I have received my  concealed carry permit in Fl. I just had it renewed. All is needed is a renewal fee. Its done online.

I carry my gun most of the time when im in public places. Thank you to all that fight to keep our rights.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-states-brief-second-amendment-concealed-carry-supreme-court

Sadly not in the Peoples Republic of NJ.  Of course, retired cops easily get their carry license, which is a violation of the 14th Amendment to every other NJ resident.  To my knowledge, this issue has never been raised.

On 11/3/2021 at 3:00 PM, WilliamParker said:

Sadly not in the Peoples Republic of NJ.  Of course, retired cops easily get their carry license, which is a violation of the 14th Amendment to every other NJ resident.  To my knowledge, this issue has never been raised.

Retired cops carrying and NJ not issuing a carry permit are separate issues.  Do not blame the retired cop for the violation of the 14th.  I believe in Constitutional carry but I am sorry that is misdirected energy.  LEOSA became a federal law close to 20 years ago so even without the NJ permit, retired cops from outside of NJ including non-residents can carry in NJ…

It is a blatant violation of the 14th A, period.  Politicians can get their permit, as well as those politically connected.  I retired cop is under no greater threat than anyone else in this state but is given special favors.  Gays got their marriage bill in all states because it was already in 26 and that would have been a 14th A violation for all others.  Same issues applies although gun owner organizations don't seem to get it.

Maybe NJ gun rights leaders just want to change the definition of need being that you are shot at in 5 separate incidents rather than 6.  What they have done thus far has been worthless.

• Agree 3

Police have never been the friend of NJ gun owners.  Maybe you do not remember the NJ State Police with a .50 cal Browning M2 at the AW hearing in Trenton when police stated that the gun was as easy to purchase in any hardware store as a box of popcorn. Almost the exact quote.  I was there.

I've had police pull me over because of my NRA sticker and nothing else, and demand that I open my trunk and allow them to search my car.  I didn't. 

The fact that LEOSA finds no relevance that retired police are a privileged class having superior rights to the rest of NJ residents, and that they and only they have the right to save their life and protect their family explains why NJ is the police state it is absent of most 2nd Amendment rights.

Wake up to the reality which exists.  Its a 14th Amendment violation separate of the 2nd, and if those in charge refuse to use it, they I have the right to question their motives or ability.

1 hour ago, WilliamParker said:

Police have never been the friend of NJ gun owners.  Maybe you do not remember the NJ State Police with a .50 cal Browning M2 at the AW hearing in Trenton when police stated that the gun was as easy to purchase in any hardware store as a box of popcorn. Almost the exact quote.  I was there.

I've had police pull me over because of my NRA sticker and nothing else, and demand that I open my trunk and allow them to search my car.  I didn't. 

The fact that LEOSA finds no relevance that retired police are a privileged class having superior rights to the rest of NJ residents, and that they and only they have the right to save their life and protect their family explains why NJ is the police state it is absent of most 2nd Amendment rights.

Wake up to the reality which exists.  Its a 14th Amendment violation separate of the 2nd, and if those in charge refuse to use it, they I have the right to question their motives or ability.

I see