Sniper

Now It's Serious - Is A Liquor Shortage Looming?

Running out of toilet paper is bad enough, but if this happens... it's Armageddon!

....."Alcohol sales rose dramatically during the coronavirus pandemic as some relieved stress with an adult beverage. But now, that could change as liquor shortages are metastasizing across parts of the U.S. 

Internet searches for "liquor shortage" have exploded to record highs this summer, especially in states like Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Illinois, and Ohio. 

According to local news reports in several states, liquor shortages are developing and leaving shelves bare. 

"I've never had it this bare," a bar manager in Durham, North Carolina, told ABC Action News.

Take a labor shortage involving a lack of truck drivers, dock workers, and warehouse employees, then shake that up with backed up docks, slower manufacturing processes and more expensive raw materials, and you get a quick lesson in how supply chain economics is having a direct impact on small businesses all over the U.S. Everything from the labor market and the sudden re-opening of bars to a lack of glass bottles and aluminum cans is blamed for liquor shortages reported in Winooski, Vermont; Durham, North Carolina; and Sioux Falls, South Dakota. -Forbes 

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/liquor-shortage-looming

26 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Time to fire up the still!

Homebrew.  It's fun, and comparatively easy to make really, really good beer.  And legally you are allowed to make 100 gallons a year for one adult, 200 gallons for a  household.   Most people should find that sufficient...

Brewing from malt extract won't save you any money, but if you have the time to invest in brewing from whole grains (I never did) it's also quite cheap.

Just think of it as reloading.  For bottles.

5 minutes ago, YankeeSC said:

Wine, cider, and mead.  Easier than beer.

https://www.youtube.com/c/CitySteadingyt

I've made some very good cider.  Been meaning to try making mead.

I've not tried to make wine, but I always heard that it is much easier to make really good beer than it is to make really good wine.

5 minutes ago, 10X said:

I've not tried to make wine, but I always heard that it is much easier to make really good beer than it is to make really good wine.

This one came out at 15.8 ABV.  Store bought grape juice, Fleischman's active dry yeast, sugar. Fermented for 3 weeks in right in the juice bottle. A little on the sweet side but very drinkable.

IMG_2381.thumb.jpg.702b8341db47ea327fcde425b7cb1d75.jpg