Tonester2

Selling and buying a pistol

If I sell a pistol to a private buyer through a FFL and want to buy a different pistol, will I get "credit" for the one I sold which will allow me to buy a pistol without a new permit or will I still have to apply for a new pistol permit?

4 minutes ago, Tonester2 said:

If I sell a pistol to a private buyer through a FFL and want to buy a different pistol, will I get "credit" for the one I sold which will allow me to buy a pistol without a new permit or will I still have to apply for a new pistol permit?

That would be a fair, equitable, and quite logical solution.

So of course NJ won't allow it.    Unfortunately, you'll need a new permit.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

The good news is that permits seem to be easier to get. I got the email this morning that my permits have been approved. Turn around time? 9 days going through NJSP Washington.

Yeah but I have to use my township police and they seem to take their time. The permit I applied for last year took 5 months to get approved.

24 minutes ago, 10X said:

That would be a fair, equitable, and quite logical solution.

So of course NJ won't allow it.    Unfortunately, you'll need a new permit.

Figures.

On 8/6/2021 at 1:50 PM, Mr.Stu said:

The good news is that permits seem to be easier to get. I got the email this morning that my permits have been approved. Turn around time? 9 days going through NJSP Washington.

Warren County? 

6 minutes ago, always_an_eagle said:

Unfortunately, each handgun transfer and purchase does require a pistol permit. Every six months or so you should always apply for six permits.

I don't have kind of money! I know the permits are cheap, but once I have them I feel duty bound to use them and I don't want a huge pile of Hi Points.

As it is, I'm being tempted by a friend who wants to off load some Dan Wessons and a Springfield. I can easily afford the Springfield. The Dan Wessons are a fair bit more.

2 hours ago, always_an_eagle said:

Unfortunately, each handgun transfer and purchase does require a pistol permit. Every six months or so you should always apply for six permits.

I get it but I hate to have to ask people to be my references and have to fill out the questionnaires.

11 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

I don't have kind of money! I know the permits are cheap, but once I have them I feel duty bound to use them and I don't want a huge pile of Hi Points.

As it is, I'm being tempted by a friend who wants to off load some Dan Wessons and a Springfield. I can easily afford the Springfield. The Dan Wessons are a fair bit more.

It’s always better to have to option to buy the handgun and rather wanted to buy a handgun and go wait for more permits.

9 hours ago, Tonester2 said:

I get it but I hate to have to ask people to be my references and have to fill out the questionnaires.

Gotta have some reliable people to fill it out. I have my go to’s to call upon for references.

13 minutes ago, always_an_eagle said:

Gotta have some reliable people to fill it out. I have my go to’s to call upon for references.

I have them too but I don't want to take advantage of them and end up pissing them off when I really need them.

12 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

Be careful those Dan Wesson's can be addicting :D I have bought en 3 in the last 6 months ,