NJhunter72

E-FID question, approved?

3 hours ago, NJhunter72 said:

Lol, you would think they would approve you before taking your money for the permit.

How would they get you to pay up if you knew you are not approved? Who would pay for a permit they know they are not going to get? The fee is for applying, not for the permit you get at then end.

12 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

How would they get you to pay up if you knew you are not approved? Who would pay for a permit they know they are not going to get? The fee is for applying, not for the permit you get at then end.

Gotcha. Just thought that the pistol permit was part of the STS-033 application I paid the 21.00 dollars for. See #3.

28BA89E5-29C8-4DDB-88BD-6920BA8C2545.jpeg.07548034d276f1ae306a6f18ac785dba.jpeg

On 8/7/2021 at 11:30 AM, NJhunter72 said:

Lol, you would think they would approve you before taking your money for the permit.

Absolutely not. I just went through this (and the online process) last week. You pay first and if the PD remembers to submit to the state police, you get the E-mail later. Granted, the process only took about two weeks but it still seems that there's just enough human interaction to gum up the works.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Boondoggle said:

Absolutely not. I just went through this (and the online process) last week. You pay first and if the PD remembers to submit to the state police, you get the E-mail later. Granted, the process only took about two weeks but it still seems that there's just enough human interaction to gum up the works.

Well I'm still waiting...

• Sad 1

Wait a second. When I applied for four permits, I then was taken to a page that said "Pay $21 now." The confirmation page says "Payment to the issuing police department $8.00." I assume the $8 is for the four permits. Are you saying that the $8.00 is not the cost of the four permits at $2 each? That I will ALSO have to go in and pay another $8 to the actual police department when they approve my permits?

On 8/7/2021 at 11:30 AM, NJhunter72 said:

I did the same thing.  I submitted my check just before 30 days of my first application.  I thought you would pay when you got approved but I was wrong.  Good news is I dropped off my check earlier this week and they deposited it according to my bank website.  So now I guess its just the waiting game....