Tonester2

Recommendation on a sight for AR-15

Did you buy the 24" barreled bushmaster AR.  If so i'm pretty sure that's a bench rifle.

I would be looking for a quality scope somewhere  with the magnification of  3x18

With that barrel length you would have no problem going 600yds with match grade ammo.   jmho

5 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

Did you buy the 24" barreled bushmaster AR.  If so i'm pretty sure that's a bench rifle.

I would be looking for a quality scope somewhere  with the magnification of  3x18

With that barrel length you would have no problem going 600yds with match grade ammo.   jmho

Yes, it has the 24" barrel. Thanks.

On 8/10/2021 at 2:44 PM, silverado427 said:

For shooting  under 200  yds I would go with a 3x9 or 3x12 optic. This is just my opinion but I would not put a red dot on a 24" barrel

I shoot out to 200 yds and  I need magnification for a clear sight picture, But thats just me.

Varmint barrels usually like 50gr ammo.  

• Thanks 1