jdsky

SELF DEFENCE INSURANCE

Our wonderful governor decided that this kind of insurance is "murder insurance" and would encourage reckless violence. He banned it.

I used to have USCCA but they canceled at renewal because of Murphy's edict. I now have US Law Shield because they are a members club that covers legal costs, not insurance.

I have carry permits from other States and carry in free America so I have the multi-State option.

4 hours ago, jdsky said:

No CCW because I'm in New Jersey. I've looked at several: CCWSafe, US Law Shield, USCCA and others

Does anyone have any experience with any of these or others they might recommend?

Thanks.

I also went with US Law Shield.  Their program attorneys are top notch.  In choosing, you have few options available to you.  The attached chart compares six of the most popular "legal defense funds" that are out there.

https://www.concealedcarry.com/self-defense-gun-owner-insurance-programs-compared/

Another of my concerns are: 

•  "can they reclaim all costs they have incurred in defending you."
  •  how many went to trial and were then found guilty?"
  • do they  only pay the initial fee for attorney consult? and then you pay?
  • The coverage shows the dollar amount they cover and then the remaining costs will bankrupt you ??

odds are I probably won't need it but is it better to have than not??

thanks