Zeus2112

NJ firearms card but moved to CT

33 minutes ago, Zeus2112 said:

Hi. I have an NJ firearms card, but i've relocated to CT.

Am I able to have an NJ FFL receive a firearm for me? I no longer have an NJ DL...

thanks

You can apply for a non-resident FPIC through the nearest NJSP barracks to where you live. Once you have that and it matches your State issued ID you should be able to acquire rifles and shotguns. You can only receive the transfer of a handgun in your State of residence, as per Federal law.

An obvious question is why can't a CT FFL receive it for you? Why would you voluntarily come back to NJ to do a firearm transaction?

The bigger question (rhetorical) is why can’t a non nj resident with his home state drivers license purchase a long gun in nj….. like other states…. Without having to go suck njsp balls begging permission jumping through hoops and waiting months for the nonsense card not required in their state. Only people truly impacted is the nj business that lost the revenue.

48 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

An obvious question is why can't a CT FFL receive it for you? Why would you voluntarily come back to NJ to do a firearm transaction?

Perhaps he has family/ friends here, wants to purchase from a private nj party and do a third party transfer….as an aside he’d need one to purchase Ammo if he came back for a weekend range trip and ran dry on Ammo and wanted to voluntarily have his purchased logged into “ the book” for later scrutiny by authorities lol

27 minutes ago, pjd832 said:

The bigger question (rhetorical) is why can’t a non nj resident with his home state drivers license purchase a long gun in nj….. like other states…. Without having to go suck njsp balls begging permission jumping through hoops and waiting months for the nonsense card not required in their state. Only people truly impacted is the nj business that lost the revenue.

One of the great things about CT is that with the same firearms permit, one can conceal OR open carry, no questions asked!

AND, no need to apply for a permit, wait months on end, to get it, then go and buy a handgun. CT, you walk in, walk out, same day.

23 minutes ago, pjd832 said:

Perhaps he has family/ friends here, wants to purchase from a private nj party and do a third party transfer….as an aside he’d need one to purchase Ammo if he came back for a weekend range trip and ran dry on Ammo and wanted to voluntarily have his purchased logged into “ the book” for later scrutiny by authorities lol

Only reason is some CT FFLs were tell me that they either can't or won't, accept non-compliant firearms, + they were saying the wait for transfers is extremely long...think I found one though, so hopefully it works out.

Thanks for all the answers