gleninjersey

Post Scarcity Shopping Wish Lists

We aren't quite there yet but prices are coming down, ammo is becoming more readily available and more and more shops seem to have a wider selection of firearms on their shelves and walls rather than the skin pickings we were seeing.

So what's on your post scarcity shopping wish list? 

For me, I'll be sticking up on primers once they become readily available and more reasonably priced.  I've been lucky and patient enough to buy some at highly inflated prices but it's what I would consider the bare minimum to have on hand.

I would like to perhaps pick up a more long range  bolt action rifle as well.  Maybe a used, reasonably priced 12 gauge over under.   And a coach gun.

Think we'll be seeing a surplus of hardly used firearms in the nest year or two as people who panic bought rethink their purchases or just want them around?  I can hope!!

Oh, and I'll be LOADING up on 22 rounds once those are cheap again.

11 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

i don't think that the "panic buyers" are gonna let their stuff go that fast. not with the way the govt's over-reaching on everything. even leftists are seeing that now.

Maybe.  Maybe so many fence sitters who became first time buyers are starting to wake up?  Especially the ones in liberal States.  

Can you imagine how many first time buyers in anti-States were shocked to find out they couldn't just walk in and buy a firearm.  Or were restricted to what they could buy.  

Regardless, prices are coming down and gun stores have much more inventory.  Get your wish lists ready.  Buy it cheap, stack it deep.

1 hour ago, gleninjersey said:

Think we'll be seeing a surplus of hardly used firearms in the nest year or rwo as people who panic bought rethink their purchases or just want them around?  I can hope!!

Don't count your chickens until the midterm elections have hatched.  Things could go either way.

In any event, nobody is going to sell the whatever they grossly over paid for unless they are strapped for cash.  They've already missed the boat.  That is, unless there is a second post midterm boat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

Maybe.  Maybe so many fence sitters who became first time buyers are starting to wake up?  Especially the ones in liberal States.  

Can you imagine how many first time buyers in anti-States were shocked to find out they couldn't just walk in and buy a firearm.  Or were restricted to what they could buy.  

Regardless, prices are coming down and gun stores have much more inventory.  Get your wish lists ready.  Buy it cheap, stack it deep.

i can. i can also imagine the level of stupid that we will see on full display of people with leftist attitudes with those guns.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

In any event, nobody is going to sell the whatever they grossly over paid for unless they are strapped for cash.  They've already missed the boat.  That is, unless there is a second post midterm boat.

Agreed - I honestly don't think you'll see these guns for sale anytime soon. Most first-time buyers (at least the ones I know) have enough disposable income that they don't need to sell these. They'll sit in a drawer, be taken out once a year to go to the range (maybe not even that), and go back in the nightstand drawer.  

After nearly two years of no guns or ammo purchases, I recently picked up a Beretta 1301 Tactical shotgun (as noted in another thread). And last night I bought some 00 buckshot from SG Ammo at $170 for a 250 round case (plus tax, no shipping charge), which is a decent price compared to what I've seen in the recent past. 

• Like 1

I'm waiting for the new lcp max prices to settle down and grab one for my pocket carry but haven't seenany in stores near me yet.The lcp2 is my  current carry but the max will almost dbl the mag cap at12 rds. Also keeping an eye out for a Plainfeild m1 but again pricing and scarcity on that but no hurry. Also had some fun this weekend with my son taking stock of our combined parts and realized we can pc together at least 1 maybe two ARs lol. Just need to do some parts trading but that's future fun. He actually broke down and spent a grand on ammo, its only twice what it used to be, I'm still well stocked and can wait it out.

• Like 1

i've got a few things i'd like to own...but i'm obviously not gonna post them on an open forum. nor am i gonna buy them as a resident of nj. i will wait till i have established a residence in a free state so that my shit's not directly registered.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

i've got a few things i'd like to own...but i'm obviously not gonna post them on an open forum. nor am i gonna buy them as a resident of nj. i will wait till i have established a residence in a free state so that my shit's not directly registered.

I get ya but the fact of the matter is in NJ they already know.  And it's all legal.  So they can go pound sand.