Bklynracer

Supreme Court Takes First 2A Case in a Decade

7 minutes ago, revenger said:

I'm hoping the decision is in 22 and not 23.

also there are more states than NJ that will be affected, NJ I believe is the only one in the 3rd circuit so I prey that the SC realizes that with all the states in different circuits that will hopefully get put in their place that their ruling covers all the potential future challenges from these different courts.

I believe the impact will be immediate either on our part or theirs but it will be immediate.   The important thing is that WE are ready to act. WE know there will be a decision and should prepare ourselves as should the 40+ other states should this decision go wrong which I dont see happening.

Hoe do we prepare ourselves:

1.  Think like your enemy and what actions they may try ( think outside the box ) they are well funded and slimey.

2.  prepare applications to submit on that day,   expect last second application changes by them ,  see # 1 

3.  NJ 2A groups submit lawsuits THAT day should the state resist.    see # 1  

prepare applications?

prepare applications?

Prepare an application to submit that day.    Better yet  all the 2A groups in NJ transition from Florida/Utah  classes to NJ classes so we get it right.

one of NJ claims is that they approve almost all permits submitted and that is only because nobody submits them so maybe 75 to 100 k applications on the first day will show them the real numbers.

13 minutes ago, revenger said:

prepare applications?

Prepare an application to submit that day.    Better yet  all the 2A groups in NJ transition from Florida/Utah  classes to NJ classes so we get it right.

one of NJ claims is that they approve almost all permits submitted and that is only because nobody submits them so maybe 75 to 100 k applications on the first day will show them the real numbers.

I'm in!

On 11/14/2021 at 5:05 PM, CAL. .30 M1 said:

He's not...as I recall @SJG is an attorney by trade

I figured as much...regards SJG. Revenger makes a good point and we are of like minds. I have thought of the following already.

1. Buy ammo for training purposes. Ammo is the lifeline, don't stop buying ammo.

2. Get official training certs, but not now! NJ will say it has to be recent. I will wait 1 or 2 months before SCOTUS decision to get my training certs, we all know NJ will require it if "may issue" is struck down, which is likely. FYI, in Florida I had to undergo training for their carry permit. Training requirement is likely. 

3. Update any and all personal documents (ID or otherwise) you may have as it may be part of the CCW process.

4. Be prepared for hysterics, howling, shrieking, handwringing, from those that want to keep us defenseless and easy prey for NJ's muggers. 

5. Pick a firearm of your choice to qualify with, pick your favorite among your collection, one with the most proficiency. NJ may only let us carry the firearm we qualify with. 

16 hours ago, contigo100 said:

I figured as much...regards SJG. Revenger makes a good point and we are of like minds. I have thought of the following already.

1. Buy ammo for training purposes. Ammo is the lifeline, don't stop buying ammo.

2. Get official training certs, but not now! NJ will say it has to be recent. I will wait 1 or 2 months before SCOTUS decision to get my training certs, we all know NJ will require it if "may issue" is struck down, which is likely. FYI, in Florida I had to undergo training for their carry permit. Training requirement is likely. 

3. Update any and all personal documents (ID or otherwise) you may have as it may be part of the CCW process.

4. Be prepared for hysterics, howling, shrieking, handwringing, from those that want to keep us defenseless and easy prey for NJ's muggers. 

5. Pick a firearm of your choice to qualify with, pick your favorite among your collection, one with the most proficiency. NJ may only let us carry the firearm we qualify with. 

good advice!!!!!

maybe we should put together a 'checklist' of items and courses to take and when to do this

• Like 1

I expect a reaction like this from the representatives of this state should SCOTUS see the light. 

“This legislation,” the letter states, “is a dangerous encroachment on individual state efforts to protect public safety, and it would effectively nullify duly enacted state laws and hamper law enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence.” 

From the article below concerning National Reciprocity some years ago. 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/true-crime/wp/2018/04/19/nations-police-chiefs-implore-congress-not-to-pass-concealed-carry-reciprocity-gun-law/

11 hours ago, FairbanksRusty said:

I expect a reaction like this from the representatives of this state should SCOTUS see the light. 

Which is why if there isn't a major political shift in the state, NJ residents will never be able to carry. 

15 hours ago, Bklynracer said:

Header is positive, but Another one sided article.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/court-seems-poised-hand-fight-222738133.html

"And it looks like it will rule in a way that ensures more deaths due to gun violence."

Really?  Do they not realize that those legally carrying aren't the ones that WANT to enact violent acts?  Unreal...

49 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

"And it looks like it will rule in a way that ensures more deaths due to gun violence."

Really?  Do they not realize that those legally carrying aren't the ones that WANT to enact violent acts?  Unreal...

Every life is valuable. Heck.. since they are oppressed theirs are more valuable than yours..  just lay down and die already. 

I mean that's pretty much what california sherifs said to do... lay back and think of england.  

thing is.......especially with trumps appointments, we should be seeing a scotus following more closely to the constitution on this(yeayea i know, don't fooking laugh).

but that aside, the scotus seems to like to rule on things like common practice, what the majority of the country does, etc. even going that way now, they can't(by their own standards) rule against the ny club in this. not with what? 20-something states with constitutional carry, and 42 total with nearly unrestricted carry? apparently it is VERY common practice to allownearly unrestricted ccw  throughout the country. this necessatites that they rule against ny state, and force the remaining states that are may(no) issue to become shall issue.

yeayeayea.....don't laugh at me, lolol

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, EX Carnival man said:

This should have been settled long ago. 

I couldn't agree more, this should have been settled in 2019 when their was a load of carry cases that SCOTUS refused to hear. The case has been heard already and we are currently waiting for a decision. SCOTUS MUST ISSUE THE VERDICT ON OR BEFORE JUNE 27TH.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

thing is.......especially with trumps appointments, we should be seeing a scotus following more closely to the constitution on this(yeayea i know, don't fooking laugh).

but that aside, the scotus seems to like to rule on things like common practice, what the majority of the country does, etc. even going that way now, they can't(by their own standards) rule against the ny club in this. not with what? 20-something states with constitutional carry, and 42 total with nearly unrestricted carry? apparently it is VERY common practice to allownearly unrestricted ccw  throughout the country. this necessatites that they rule against ny state, and force the remaining states that are may(no) issue to become shall issue.

yeayeayea.....don't laugh at me, lolol

I always knew from the time I was 18 NJ firearm laws are bad.  It wasn't until I bought a house in a free state and visited a local gun range and than a Gun show that I realized  how bad they really are. After this ruling I believe NJ is going to change for the better, but we still won't be as free as other states. I'm leaving for good in 3 more years. Just in time for things to get better here.  Outside of the boardwalks I don't think I'm going to miss NJ. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, revenger said:

they are trying to run the clock down on Clarence Thomas 

They can't in the NY decision. It's already been heard. The delay is 100% standard as they do their hearings, wait forever, and then issue the decisions at the end of june before their recess for the bulk of decisions. 

1 hour ago, raz-0 said:

They can't in the NY decision. It's already been heard. The delay is 100% standard as they do their hearings, wait forever, and then issue the decisions at the end of june before their recess for the bulk of decisions. 

In their defense, it probably takes some time to actually write, and get the others to sign off on, the decisions.  

On 4/15/2022 at 9:21 AM, EX Carnival man said:

I always knew from the time I was 18 NJ firearm laws are bad.  It wasn't until I bought a house in a free state and visited a local gun range and than a Gun show that I realized  how bad they really are. After this ruling I believe NJ is going to change for the better, but we still won't be as free as other states. I'm leaving for good in 3 more years. Just in time for things to get better here.  Outside of the boardwalks I don't think I'm going to miss NJ. 

I see Gov. Murphy is back trying to make New Jersey safe again:

https://www.nj.com/politics/2022/04/murphy-renews-push-for-even-tougher-nj-gun-laws-after-proposals-stalled-its-outrageous.html

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, FairbanksRusty said:

yea. and dude's either lying through his teeth, or is stupid if he believes the noise coming out of his facehole.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, NickySantoro said:

It doesn't really matter. Gopher will say it doesn't apply to NJ. Cops will agree. You'll bankrupt yourself to stay out of prison.

That's bologna! States cannot ignore SCOTUS rulings period! An example would be when the high court ruled that gay marriage is covered under the 14th amendment, all states had to comply and issue marriage licenses to gay couples. 

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

So honest question, what happens if they don’t?   What “forces” anyone to comply with scotus?

Class Action Civil Rights Violation Lawsuits.

• Agree 2