Bklynracer

Supreme Court Takes First 2A Case in a Decade

Anyone who thinks Kevin McCarthy and Cocaine Mitch will have a sudden awakening in January 2023, become conservative pit bulls, and start bulldozing the progressives and their policies and practices back into the liberal dump is dreaming.

The top couple layers of the Republican leadership also have to go before anything really significant will happen.

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

No need to worry.....The democrat party will be screwed royally in November and deservedly so!

We are coming back!

The only entity that is screwed royally is US. We had a president and both houses just 3-1/2 years ago. What came of it?

It will take something like a nuclear war or alien invasion to make a lot of conservatives wake up and realize that neither party, and NONE of our traditional heroes, can or even would lift a finger to save us. Note how many cops stood watching with their fingers up their dick-holes two summers ago as the country burned. Just as the Democrats live on myth and fake reality, so do we.  Our myths are just as ludicrous as theirs. 

We are coming backwards

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Newtonian said:

It will take something like a nuclear war or alien invasion to make a lot of conservatives wake up

That's already here Newt, and most are still snoozing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YankeeSC said:

FIFY  :p

An appropriate edit, especially in light of those BRAVE HEROS in Texas who sat outside checking their flashlight battery levels while children were inside the school being murdered. 

What do you think the odds are of a cop in YOUR town doing the same if god forbid your child was in a similar circumstance? 

"Never here in Outer Whitelandia! I'm friends with the chief! They're all Iraq vets! They approved my unconstitutional purchase permit in just 14 weeks!"

There's a word or two for individuals who only pick on people weaker than they, on people who have no chance to fight back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, samiam said:

No Bruen ruling today:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/courtorders/061322zor_j5fl.pdf

My money is still on June 27. Even if SCOTUS is pushing out decisions sooner than is their wont, because there are more decisions to publish, I think the bias toward publishing more impactful decsions as close to last day of sessionas possible will remain. The attempt to murder Kavanagh wil mitigate toward that, as well.  

On another note, I've seen several recent posts here that seeem to continue to misconstrue the role of the Supreme Court. That mission is NOT to decide issues on the basis of right or wrong; ethical or unethical; moral or immoral. The job of SCOTUS (and, to a large extent, lower echelon courts) is to determine compliance of applied law and legal actions with legistative intent, and compliance of legislation with provisions of the U. S. Constitution. A lesser purpose that it has adopted for itself is determining whether there is a "legitimate government interest" in certain regulations outside of constitutional limitations. I disagree with that philosophy (I'm a "plain reading" advocate), but it is in play. 

It has been a very long time since the SC operated as you mention. I'm not a legal scholar but my guess is it NEVER was free of partisanship, not even when G. Washington roamed the earth. Roe v. Wade was a political decision, for example, that had absolutely nothing to do with any law or constitution. What is a split decision anyway? It's two factions of "the top legal minds" (or at least 9 individuals who attended very expensive law schools) looking at plain facts, at plainly written laws, at the body of constitutional whatever over 250 years, and coming up with diametrically opposed positions. 

14 minutes ago, samiam said:

No Bruen ruling today:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/courtorders/061322zor_j5fl.pdf

My money is still on June 27. Even if SCOTUS is pushing out decisions sooner than is their wont, because there are more decisions to publish, I think the bias toward publishing more impactful decsions as close to last day of sessionas possible will remain. The attempt to murder Kavanagh wil mitigate toward that, as well.  

On another note, I've seen several recent posts here that seeem to continue to misconstrue the role of the Supreme Court. That mission is NOT to decide issues on the basis of right or wrong; ethical or unethical; moral or immoral. The job of SCOTUS (and, to a large extent, lower echelon courts) is to determine compliance of applied law and legal actions with legistative intent, and compliance of legislation with provisions of the U. S. Constitution. A lesser purpose that it has adopted for itself is determining whether there is a "legitimate government interest" in certain regulations outside of constitutional limitations. I disagree with that philosophy (I'm a "plain reading" advocate), but it is in play. 

That's rather naive......  the justices are political creatures as well....and can and will be influenced....

While the above makes se se...it is far from the truth...imo

Why is it that no Republicans nominate liberal leaning justices, as well as Democrat conservative leaning...?

The WHOLE system has been and is perverted....by power and money hungry elites

My takeaway on them waiting until the end of the session so they can get out of town,  before a 2nd amendment ruling is they're cowards.  This should have been decided long ago. We're talking about a Constitutional right  that's being infringed on, and government overreach. To list decisions on other cases before this one speaks volumes. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EX Carnival man said:

My takeaway on them waiting until the end of the session so they can get out of town,  before a 2nd amendment ruling is they're cowards.  This should have been decided long ago. We're talking about a Constitutional right  that's being infringed on, and government overreach. To list decisions on other cases before this one speaks volumes. 

I mean, technically, everything they decide is about a constitutional right. That's kind of the job. 

The cases that take less arguing and revision get done sooner. Thus the more contentious stuff tends to be at the end as well as the more complex stuff. 

On 6/13/2022 at 3:56 PM, 45Doll said:

Anyone who thinks Kevin McCarthy and Cocaine Mitch will have a sudden awakening in January 2023, become conservative pit bulls, and start bulldozing the progressives and their policies and practices back into the liberal dump is dreaming.

The top couple layers of the Republican leadership also have to go before anything really significant will happen.

As I was saying...

Report: Mitch McConnell a 'Yes' Vote on Senate Gun Control Agreement (breitbart.com)

6 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

I say we get a positive ruling tomorrow morning.....Just a feeling!  Most likely I'm wrong but I hope!

Tomorrow?? 

Aren’t the decisions usually released on Mondays or fridays? 

Am I missing something? 

1 minute ago, Displaced Texan said:

Tomorrow?? 

Am I missing something? 

Yes they are super backed up and scheduled decisions for Monday and Wednesday this week. There are suggestions next week will be the same. 

7 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Tomorrow?? 

Am I missing something? 

Tomorrow some decisions will be released! Check out scotusblog.com https://www.scotusblog.com/

You will get the rulings in real time! Starting at 10:00AM decisions come about every 10 minutes!

1 hour ago, Tunaman said:

I am suprised that one of the little pussies hasn't leaked the consensus yet...they MUST know by now how they are going to rule , no?

or the fact that it's not been leaked could bode bad for us?

38 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

I say we get a positive ruling tomorrow morning.....Just a feeling!  Most likely I'm wrong but I hope!

not related to this post.....but when yer out n about ya oughta stop by the shop sometime to bullshiiit.......time it right, and i'll order pizza

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

or the fact that it's not been leaked could bode bad for us?

not related to this post.....but when yer out n about ya oughta stop by the shop sometime to bullshiiit.......time it right, and i'll order pizza

Will do. Been working from home a lot lately. Which pizza place do you use?

9 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Will do. Been working from home a lot lately. Which pizza place do you use?

here at the shop when i need it delivered, i order from cherry hill pizza. i like michalengalos better, but they don't deliver anymore

Heard on the radio that NY sounds worried and is already getting contingence plans,

One being no carry in sensitive ares, guessing those are all the normal places. What caught my attention was they mentioned "mass transit".

Is mass transit considered a sensitive area in other Free states?

That basically means that the ten's of thousands if not hundreds will not have a right to carry most of the day, 5 days or more a week.

2 hours ago, Bklynracer said:

Heard on the radio that NY sounds worried and is already getting contingence plans,

One being no carry in sensitive ares, guessing those are all the normal places. What caught my attention was they mentioned "mass transit".

Is mass transit considered a sensitive area in other Free states?

That basically means that the ten's of thousands if not hundreds will not have a right to carry most of the day, 5 days or more a week.

No one should ever conceive them of allowing concealed carry in any of the five boroughs. That’s never happening. No one is getting a concealed carry permit to accompany them to shop on 5th Ave. during the Christmas season so they can feel safe. 

New Jersey is nothing more than a 6th borough. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1