Bklynracer

Supreme Court Takes First 2A Case in a Decade

22 minutes ago, NJRulz said:

I know we are all excited and you all want to apply but i think patience is needed here.  If you listen to these videos/podcats from the ANJRPC & GFH you can see what i am talking about.  Something needs to "trigger" the state to act or change the requirements.

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/716827433/e09b4eef73

The Gun For Hire Radio Broadcast: Episode 577 - Best Gun Range NYC and NJ Area | Gun Range Near Me

Congrats to @gunforhire for all his hard work that finally paid off & sticking his neck out for all us!  Congrats to ANJRPC also.

I know many of us knock the NRA etc and sometime its valid.  In this case, the NRA has come through and they should also take some credit for this - like it or not.  (no i dont like wayne but the NRA is the most established org - i am not giving up on them yet)

You know we will now reactivate the three cases! 2 carry and 1 15 round mag!

Biden, Murphy, Hochul, and Adams are deeply unhappy and concerned today. Too bad, all I ever wanted for me and my family is the same level of protection that we pay for them to have 24/7!

• Like 4
  • Agree 8
  • Thanks 3

Even better, keep reading. Thomas flat out says 2a laws must be judged using the 2a text and history and cannot use any other criteria to determine if it is constitutional. So if 2a doesn’t say magazines can only be 10 rounds and there is no historical context for the limits, those laws are gone too… amazing ruling!

• Like 3

Just now, JimB1 said:

Even better, keep reading. Thomas flat out says 2a laws must be judged using the 2a text and history and cannot use any other criteria to determine if it is constitutional. So if 2a doesn’t say magazines can only be 10 rounds and there is no historical context for the limits, those laws are gone too… amazing ruling!

On hid Birthday today. no less. This Sunday GunForHireRadio #789 Dan Schmutter will give his take. Next week Scott Bach!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, gunforhire said:

You know we will now reactivate the three cases! 2 carry and 1 15 round mag!

Biden, Murphy, Hochul, and Adams are deeply unhappy and concerned today. Too bad, all I ever wanted for me and my family is the same level of protection that we pay for them to have 24/7!

if it wasn't for you and your efforts we wouldn't even be permitted to own water pistols. thank you for doing what you do!

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, samiam said:

If anyone intends to quickly apply (I am considering doing so) I recommend trying to find a course ASAP. The current offerings are sized by anticipated demand from LEOs and RPOs, it will take some time to ramp up by a factor of, what - 100 - 1000? They are going to be swamped. 

Hopefully the various NJ orgs and the private ranges with a charter to foster gun ownership are gearing up for some volume. Step one should be train the trainers. 

• Agree 1

Thank you but, I am just a small player with a big mouth and a decent following. Schmutter, Bach, Nappen, NRA, ANJRPC, FPC, SAF, CNJFO, NJ2AS, and many, many more are all important!

ps - and ALL of you!

Ant

1 minute ago, raz-0 said:

Hopefully the various NJ orgs and the private ranges with a charter to foster gun ownership are gearing up for some volume. Step one should be train the trainers. 

Too soon! Please listen to my last two GunForHireRadio shows, Bach and Schmutter set the stage.

Ant

• Like 1

I just saw this note from a legal type, regarding the ruling.

It applies to NY, so states that push (Maryland) will have to have someone sue the state because the state law is unconstitutional based on this ruling. The state will lose, but it will take someone to follow through to do it. Some states have already said as much. (That their laws are unconstitutional but it will take someone going to court to change it). A smart legislator would push to amend the laws to match the ruling. We won’t see that.

13 minutes ago, Fred2 said:

...will have to have someone sue the state because the state law is unconstitutional based on this ruling. The state will lose, but it will take someone to follow through to do it. Some states have already said as much. (That their laws are unconstitutional but it will take someone going to court to change it). A smart legislator would push to amend the laws to match the ruling. We won’t see that.

Yup, there's already a variety of cases in multiple "anti" states that were queued up and stayed/held pending the Bruen decision.   It's now GO TIME on them.

Plus various orgs (FPC being a big one) are licking their chops with the new legal standard to file new cases.

"Anti" state Atty Generals are going to be VERY busy in short order.

Also, we're going to see the mask come ALL THE WAY OFF on the anti-gunners. 

They're going to go straight to "Repeal the 2nd Amendment".

RIP the bullshit "I respect the 2nd Amendment, but..." spin.  That's going to disappear.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Bomber said:

Pass them?

We should've have been campaigning for Sweeney's re-election, he was the last of what could be called a moderate democrat in N.J. they're all hard core Leftists now. 

i don't think they can pass them all. wouldn't this ruling prevent them from enacting the one that seems to keep us from carrying at home?

Just now, 1LtCAP said:

i don't think they can pass them all. wouldn't this ruling prevent them from enacting the one that seems to keep us from carrying at home?

They can pass whatever they like. Whether it stands up to judicial scrutiny is another matter. Their so-called laws will be in force until a judge throws them out.

Sadly, there is no consequence for politicians to do this, even though they swear to uphold the Constitution  when they take office.

1 hour ago, JimB1 said:

Cool.  Im putting a deposit down on a warthog

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Hrmm, what is California up to?:

You will need 10,000 letters of reference. 

They are going to try a lot of stupid things. The problem is that the right applies to the typical citizen, so if it is broadly exclusionary of most people, it's a problem. Something like excluding anyone with a moving violation on their record would be a problem. Burdensome fees would be a problem. 

1 hour ago, gunforhire said:

Thank you but, I am just a small player with a big mouth and a decent following. Schmutter, Bach, Nappen, NRA, ANJRPC, FPC, SAF, CNJFO, NJ2AS, and many, many more are all important!

ps - and ALL of you!

Ant

Too soon! Please listen to my last two GunForHireRadio shows, Bach and Schmutter set the stage.

Ant

If I recall Ant, you already have the staff needed to satisfy NJ state training requirements? We just need some dates for classes!!!! Let's gooooo!!! Can you sense my excitement?

"All of our high-level courses are taught by experienced professionals with the credentials to prove it. They are all trained and certified by the N.J. Police Training Commission, N.J. Department of Criminal Justice, and possess Federal Law Enforcement Instructor Certifications. They are experts in N.J. Use of Force Policies, and are always updating the course material with the latest use of force guidelines and case law."

Holy crap, the lawyers who argued for NYSRPA in Bruen are effectively pushed out of their firm:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/23/lawyers-gun-rights-supreme-court-00041909

Former Solicitor General Paul Clement and Erin Murphy, a regular Supreme Court litigator, said they were launching their own firm after Chicago-based Kirkland & Ellis decided to step back from gun-related litigation.

“We were given a stark choice: either withdraw from ongoing representations or withdraw from the firm,” Clement said in a statement. “Anyone who knows us and our views regarding professional responsibility and client loyalty knows there was only one course open to us: We could not abandon ongoing representations just because a client’s position is unpopular in some circles.”

• Informative 1

35 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

If I recall Ant, you already have the staff needed to satisfy NJ state training requirements? We just need some dates for classes!!!! Let's gooooo!!! Can you sense my excitement?

"All of our high-level courses are taught by experienced professionals with the credentials to prove it. They are all trained and certified by the N.J. Police Training Commission, N.J. Department of Criminal Justice, and possess Federal Law Enforcement Instructor Certifications. They are experts in N.J. Use of Force Policies, and are always updating the course material with the latest use of force guidelines and case law."

Too soon!

While we are all cheering....what you may fail to realize,  IMO States can and will regulate this..

Those that are shall issue will continue to be..those that aren't will rat het up the laws to make it evenore burdensome to own firearms,  let alone carry.

They can delay this for years and years and each year make it more draconian...

While it may seem.like a win, this can and very well.may backfire....

Color me pessimistic, but this may have done more harm than good....

Just now, CAL. .30 M1 said:

While we are all cheering....what you may fail to realize,  IMO States can and will regulate this..

Those that are shall issue will continue to be..those that aren't will rat het up the laws to make it evenore burdensome to own firearms,  let alone carry.

They can delay this for years and years and each year make it more draconian...

While it may seem.like a win, this can and very well.may backfire....

Color me pessimistic, but this may have done more harm than good....

They will make more hoops to jump through, no doubt, but SCOTUS was clear there has to be a path for the average person to CCW. 

People were saying the same thing about SCOTUS folding the past year and look what happened!!

2 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

They will make more hoops to jump through, no doubt, but SCOTUS was clear there has to be a path for the average person to CCW. 

People were saying the same thing about SCOTUS folding the past year and look what happened!!

Again I am pessimistic....again we will see..but it's gonna get waaaaaaaaay worse before better 

Just now, CAL. .30 M1 said:

Again I am pessimistic....again we will see..but it's gonna get waaaaaaaaay worse before better 

Hope this help from our 2A Counsel! "Thomas's writing is a 2A gift from God"!

Just now, gunforhire said:

Hope this help from our 2A Counsel! "Thomas's writing is a 2A gift from God"!

I hear ya Ant....fingers crossed....  also I don't trust the left at all.....not one of em !

Fight the good fight....

When on this very forum I stated repeatedly that one day NJ will get CCW, I was taunted and mocked with snide and negative comments. When I told active NJ law enforcement that one day I/we will get conceal carry, I received smirks, eye rolls, and laughs. Today, after the ruling those individuals laugh no longer! It's a new age folks! A new dawn! Let's put the "never gonna happen" and "your dreaming" nonsense behind us and get on with the business of getting our permits. I will be making a phone call this weekend to the local PD to inquire about dropping off a CCW application. We need three references, a training cert, and letter stating, "All legal purposes in accordance with state law", is there something else I am missing? 

2 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

They can pass whatever they like. Whether it stands up to judicial scrutiny is another matter. Their so-called laws will be in force until a judge throws them out.

Right. Their attitude is everything they do is constitutional until a court says it isn't.

Just now, marlintag said:

When on this very forum I stated repeatedly that one day NJ will get CCW, I was taunted and mocked with snide and negative comments. When I told active NJ law enforcement that one day I/we will get conceal carry, I received smirks, eye rolls, and laughs. Today, after the ruling those individuals laugh no longer! It's a new age folks! A new dawn! Let's put the "never gonna happen" and "your dreaming" nonsense behind us and get on with the business of getting our permits. I will be making a phone call this weekend to the local PD to inquire about dropping off a CCW application. We need three references, a training cert, and letter stating, "All legal purposes in accordance with state law", is there something else I am missing? 

I don’t think Gov. Bucky intends to comply with the SCOTUS ruling. So I imagine it will be a long row to hoe before any CCW permits in NJ get approved. 

Sorry to be a Debbie downer in the short run, but I do believe it will happen. Eventually. 

4 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I don’t think Gov. Bucky intends to comply with the SCOTUS ruling. So I imagine it will be a long row to hoe before any CCW permits in NJ get approved. 

Sorry to be a Debbie downer in the short run, but I do believe it will happen. Eventually. 

Keep in mind, this is now a civil liberties issue.. 

Being denied your civil liberties can carry a huge financial burden of the accused. 

NJ will just make us gun owners rich pulling some shenanigans like that. 

Even better, judges lose their judicial immunity if they conduct judicial misconduct.. thats a very very big deal when ignoring judicial precident of SCOTUS.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Displaced Texan said:

:mad: You are a debbie downer! But, yeh I get your point. I am going to be very proactive on this, most of us here probably have the references, training, etc to apply. The only item we didn't have which is now removed was the "urgent necessity/justifiable need" gibberish. The next few days and weeks are going to be spicy for sure! :D