Bklynracer

Supreme Court Takes First 2A Case in a Decade

You have to get Sagum Morpho electronic prints. NO ink prints. These Morpho Track prints MUST be taken every single jersey CCW application process, along with the 3 references In Triplicate and Triple Notarized. Do NOT get a simple stamp Notary seal. Get a RAISED LETTER Notary Seal, if you even can anymore. Some judges will NOT accept a stamped seal. Which there is NO law defining that and they are making it up out of their rear end. 

Keep lots of photo copied of your COMPLETED references from the application. 2 years later, when you need to renew, it will be a huge pain to go thru that again. Make photocopies BEFORE you put any dates, on the completed references. So that next time, you just fill in the date, 2 years from now. They will need you shooting scores, make/model/caliber/serial number of your piece. Only one is acceptable I THINK. So now people in Jersey will stop buying Boat Anchor guns only and finally buy some carry compact sub and micro compacts. Like I do for work in multiple states and multiple jobs.

26 minutes ago, samiam said:

Questions regarding other requirements. I had inked fingerprints taken several months ago for an out-of-state renewal. I have a spare set. Does anyone have reliable information on how recent the prints are required to be? How recent a photo is required? Thanks.

In the old days, my fingerprints had to be physically taken by the PD doing the background check.   In this century, they have been done electronically at one of the Morpho places.   However, in order to schedule a Morpho appointment, your PD has to give you an investigation number.  It didn't matter that they have my prints on file in the FARS.

2 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

I have a hunch the timing was intentional.

[insert Forrest Gump "just like that" meme]

By All Means! They dropped Nagasaki on Thursday and Hiroshima on Friday and then they all went on summer break. PERFECT!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

I was just reading about those cases, you are correct. 

I really DO think the AWB will fall, as well as mag limits, and restrictions on buying ammo (requiring BG checks for ammo and restrictions of buying online). 

The Bruen ruling has very significant impact on nearly all anti-2A laws. 

What a shame for Murphy and the Leftists in the assembly. They were so happy after the Uvalde shooting, everything seemed to be going their way.

14 minutes ago, Bomber said:

What a shame for Murphy and the Leftists in the assembly. They were so happy after the Uvalde shooting, everything seemed to be going their way.

I look at it as a step in the right direction to put tyrants in their place. 

1 hour ago, Bomber said:

AND NOW THEY GET A DELICIOUS SANDWICH!

Murphy, eat it slow and savor the flavor!

shit sandwich.jpg

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, KurtC said:

The carry permit application is different.  Each reference must personally sign each of the 3 copies.  They want to make sure the references personally understand that they are vouching for your responsibility to carry a handgun.

What kind of bullshit is that?

"Asked of 3 references (each who must have known you for at least 3 years):  "I am personally acquainted with _______ , the applicant named on page one of this application. I have known Him/Her for ______
the past years to be a person of good moral character and behavior and who is capable of exercising self control.           
I have reviewed this application and I believe that the answers given by the applicant to the questions set forth in this application are complete, true and correct.

So three references have to attest to and sign off on ALL the questions in the entire application??

That shit can't be legal in light of the Bruen decision.

• Like 1

The Bruen decision only tossed out the "justifiable need."  New Jersey considers the references to be part of your background investigation.   Getting that removed may take another court case.

I also believe they use the references to cover the issuing authority's butt, in case the permit holder does something stupid or irresponsible. 

13 minutes ago, Bomber said:

What kind of bullshit is that?

"Asked of 3 references (each who must have known you for at least 3 years):  "I am personally acquainted with _______ , the applicant named on page one of this application. I have known Him/Her for ______
the past years to be a person of good moral character and behavior and who is capable of exercising self control.           
I have reviewed this application and I believe that the answers given by the applicant to the questions set forth in this application are complete, true and correct.

So three references have to attest to and sign off on ALL the questions in the entire application??

That shit can't be legal in light of the Bruen decision.

it's bullshiit...but i'm pretty sure all of us has at least 3 friends willing to do this. even me with a circle of friends so small it's actually a dot.....if not, i'm also sure that most of us have met others right on this board who can work together too.

i've got one friend already lined up. he's actually anxious to sign off for me. i'm waiting on a call back from another friend who's a cop, and one who's a dog trainer.......

1 hour ago, quikz said:

You have to get Sagum Morpho electronic prints. NO ink prints. These Morpho Track prints MUST be taken every single jersey CCW application process, along with the 3 references In Triplicate and Triple Notarized. Do NOT get a simple stamp Notary seal. Get a RAISED LETTER Notary Seal, if you even can anymore. Some judges will NOT accept a stamped seal. Which there is NO law defining that and they are making it up out of their rear end. 

Keep lots of photo copied of your COMPLETED references from the application. 2 years later, when you need to renew, it will be a huge pain to go thru that again. Make photocopies BEFORE you put any dates, on the completed references. So that next time, you just fill in the date, 2 years from now. They will need you shooting scores, make/model/caliber/serial number of your piece. Only one is acceptable I THINK. So now people in Jersey will stop buying Boat Anchor guns only and finally buy some carry compact sub and micro compacts. Like I do for work in multiple states and multiple jobs.

I'm a New Jersey Notary Public, I wouldn't worry about the raised seal. It is not required and all the other notaries I work with just use a regular ink stamp. Never had a problem personally, including with documents that were going before a judge for approval. In fact the one person who I worked with who was still using the raised letter seal had it rejected once because the judge apparently said it wasn't fully legible as it had to overlap with printed text on document to fit. On the CCW form specifically they leave like no room for it. A bad judge will find a way to be a PITA if they really want to.

If anyone is in the Morris County area and needs a Notary after hours weekdays, I am available. Just private message me

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Grayson6074 said:

I'm a New Jersey Notary Public, I wouldn't worry about the raised seal. It is not required and all the other notaries I work with just use a regular ink stamp. Never had a problem personally, including with documents that were going before a judge for approval. In fact the one person who I worked with who was still using the raised letter seal had it rejected once because the judge apparently said it wasn't fully legible as it had to overlap with printed text on document to fit. On the CCW form specifically they leave like no room for it. A bad judge will find a way to be a PITA if they really want to.

If anyone is in the Morris County area and needs a Notary after hours weekdays, I am available. Just private message me

I like seeing members of this forum stepping up and helping other members. 

Good on you! 

6 minutes ago, Grayson6074 said:

a buddy is a notary too....he told me that he can't get the raised stamp anymore.....

10 minutes ago, samiam said:

I have my three endorsements lined up, although I'm somewhat concerned by the logistics required for notarization. I probably have no more close friends than you do (I've been thinking about getting one of those T-shirts that reads "I really like dogs, and maybe 3 people") It occured to me as I scrolled through my contacts that I make a point of not discussiing 2A issues with acquaintences unless I am already pretty certain that the person is a supporter. It also ocurred to me that there is nothing that I've seen in SP 642 or instructions that rules out endorsements from family members, but I decided that might be asking for trouble. 

i was wondering about family. was gonna talk to my aunt, although she's kinda hit or miss..........i'll stick to the ones i'm talking to for now

5 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Just take the nra basic pistol class.  The instructor will probably have range time qualifications set up after the class.  

Is that different the the first steps pistol course? It was a 4 hour course with range time

4 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Question, with the laws changing for NJ CARRY. 

Would other states honor NJ.

Do you guys think the need still exists to renew another states non-resident permit.

probably still a good idea to do that.

another positive though that you just made me think of.......now we can get pa non-resident permits since we'll have one from our home state.....

22 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Question, with the laws changing for NJ CARRY. 

Would other states honor NJ.

Do you guys think the need still exists to renew another states non-resident permit.

Reciprocity is sill a states right to choose who is allowed to carry bases on their own licensing program. 

NJ will most likely not be recognizing any out of state permits. Others states will make their own choices. 

States with no licenses to carry will be left in the dark with licensing states I am sure.

Murphy Seeks To Expand NJ Firearm Carry Ban: Here's Where

The move follows a Thursday U.S. Supreme Court decision to ease public firearm carrying rules. Here's what to know.

Nicole Rosenthal's profile picture

Nicole Rosenthal, Patch StaffVerified Patch Staff Badge
Posted Sat, Jun 25, 2022 at 1:46 pm ET|Updated Sat, Jun 25, 2022 at 1:58 pm ET

The move follows a Thursday U.S. Supreme Court decision to ease public firearm carrying rules. Here’s what to know. The move follows a Thursday U.S. Supreme Court decision to ease public firearm carrying rules. Here’s what to know. (Shutterstock)

NEW JERSEY - Gov. Phil Murphy signed an executive order Friday directing all state agencies and departments to identify where firearms may be carried, regulated and prohibited in the Garden State, a move directly following the U.S. Supreme Court's Thursday decision to ease public firearm carrying rules.

Murphy also announced his plans to immediately begin working with state lawmakers to expand the number of areas where firearms can't be carried, including locations with a high density of people, locations with "inherently vulnerable populations" and buildings where "important governmental or First Amendment-protected activities take place."

Among the areas that should be protected are sports stadiums, public transit, police stations, polling places, courthouses, restaurants, childcare centers, hospitals and bars, Murphy said at a news conference on Friday. Private property owners, including homeowners and business owners, should also be required to give permission for an individual to carry a firearm on a property, Murphy added.

"Yesterday's Supreme Court decision, in addition to making a mockery of the recent tragedies in Uvalde and Buffalo, severely undermines the efforts of individual states to protect their residents from gun violence," said Murphy in a statement. "But the failures of the nation's highest court to combat this devastating public health crisis will not deter us from realizing our vision for a safer New Jersey. Now more than ever, the onus is on us to pass common sense gun safety reform that will benefit every child, parent, and first responder who calls New Jersey their home."

New Jersey State Police Superintendent Col. Patrick Callahan also expressed that the state police already anticipate a "dramatic" increase - as many as 200,000 - in the number of carry applications.

Feel free to comment....

1 hour ago, MartyZ said:

Is that different the the first steps pistol course? It was a 4 hour course with range time

Yes its a different class.  But at this point who tf knows what their requirements are.  Im trying to figure it out also. Im trying to to ask alot of from those who know.  And at this point   Those who know.  Dont even know

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

Yes its a different class.  But at this point who tf knows what their requirements are.  Im trying to figure it out also. Im trying to to ask alot of from those who know.  And at this point   Those who know.  Dont even know

I also took Stu's IDPA course :rolleyes:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, samiam said:

I suspect that decisions for the cases already pending for SCOTUS won't be released until nex term, though. I'd like to be wrong about that.

SCOTUS didn’t grant cert for them they’re sitting pending so they could send them back on any “orders” day.