Bklynracer

Supreme Court Takes First 2A Case in a Decade

1 hour ago, LostinNJ said:

Check out these two Politico articles, which specifically mention new Senate Majority Leader Scutari's reluctance to move on gun legislation. The Dems are very concerned about losing control of the NJ legislature in the 2023 elections.

Historically gun control has been a losing issue for dems. 

They lost the House in 1994 after Clinton's AWB was passed. Florio got bounced out after one term for giving N.J. it's own AWB (and for other reasons)

Murphy likely would've been one termer as well were it not for the democrats fraudulent use of ballot drop boxes.

2 minutes ago, samiam said:

Until you had to modify the code to interface it to come non-COBOL-capable device :-) Actually, I learned to program in COBOL, but employment required me to switch to RPGII (and later, RPGIII) on IBM 3x. Now there was a bizarre "high-level" (ha!) language.

That is the old methodology. IBM came out with zOS connect about 5 years ago. You can now have restful APIs hosted in CICS which can be accessed by any platform on the network.

I have been coding in cobol for over 25 years. A lot has changed in that time period.

10 hours ago, LostinNJ said:

I think the estimated 200k is for applications to the state police, from out of staters, etc. I think with local PDs, the amount of applications could be near one million. Look at the data from other states.  

Congrats to all of you, I never thought it would happen!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 6/24/2022 at 3:33 PM, KurtC said:

Yes.  Just lock your doors.

Last time I checked 2C, which may be longer than I remember, the no no list includes all Federal Property, such as Post Offices.  Remember that a Post Office parking lot may be Federal Property, street parking is not.

Yep.  All three of the P.O.s that I frequent / use have signs in both the parking lots as well as at the entrances and lobbies that express that no firearms are permitted on the premises.

Prior to NYSRPA vs. Bruen. It can take 3 to 16 months, total turn around time, just to obtain a "during working hours" restricted """carry""" jersey permit. The renewals are 2 years. We had to submit for the renewals UP TO A YEAR in advance. So theoretically, you could be going through this utterly horrendous process almost EVERY year NOT factoring in the 200k-500k new post Bruen CCW applicarions anticipated the 1st year alone. Roughly $110-$160 a pop, FOR NOW.... No amount of computer trickery will change this. I am a """FID""" holder for 35 years. And a jersey 'restricted' """carry""" permit holder for over 10 years.

*My Recommendation IS:

1. Carpet Bomb NJ with Lawsuits. Anything and Everything... See what 'sticks'. They (the Far leftist communists in the PRNJ) employ the same tactics. Very effectively.

2. The LEAST of your worries is training and qualifying. Which is the ONLY fun part of this whole jersey SHAM application process.

3. Understand that NJ will resist and refuse to comply with the Spirit, Letter, Color of the SCOTUS Ruling. Up to and including possible secession. LOL.  

1 hour ago, H2oVento said:

"You need to qualify with the sidearm that you will carry"

Can you qualify with multiple sidearms?

I always do.  Most instructors run you through twice, keeping the higher score. Some folks do low or don't qualify the first time.  I just use a different sidearm the 2nd time and make sure that the instructor documents it.

5 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

So for #6, will we need to provide copies of the P2P of each firearm?  I know, more details to come...

I never have, but that is up to the Detective, Chief of Police and Superior Court Judge.  More documentation certainly doesn't hurt. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CMJeepster said:

Are you back in Japan, 'cause your pic is sideways again! :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: 

The Japanese are marvels when it comes to technology.  How they designed the beer mug so it doesn’t spill when set on the wall is amazing. 

• Haha 1

The NJ communistic style leadership can be onerous amd corrupt. Therefore, not integrating well with an overall democratic society. They basically did this to themselves. This was shared with me by a LE friend. It will have DIRECT Impact on jersey SCOTUS ordered 'Shall Issue' CCW policy. Good thing my jersey permit was renewed last month...

https://www.nj.com/politics/2022/06/nj-judge-shortage-reaching-crisis-level-with-huge-delays-for-thousands-this-is-catastrophic.html

1 hour ago, samiam said:

Is that a demonstrated legal issue? There are plenty of states that permit concealed carry, I would think that if using an alternative handgun to what one trained (or qualified) with left the shooter open to lawsuits, it would have been exploited multiple times by now. I have a Bond derringer that I might elect to carry as backup at some point, and that I would only ever use in a very close situation.  

First of all, the other states aren't New Jersey.  While NJ has finally complied with your right to bear arms, you still do not have a right to self defense.  I've trained with instructors, lawyers and expert witnesses and have heard horror stories from across the country.  If you publicly discharge, draw or even expose your sidearm, you will mostly likely face criminal and civil charges. Being cleared of any wrongdoing may take 2 hours, 2 years or not at all. 

The bottom line is have your documents available and accurate. Have your attorney's phone number with you at all times.

Everyone seems to agree that you never carry a firearm that needs to be cocked before firing.  No single action revolvers or Derringer.  Cocked and locked is OK, if you are properly trained.

The only thing worse than having had to shoot someone intentionally is having shot someone unintentionally.   Cocked firearms that don't have a safety are a serious liability.

I've carried small back-up firearms. I simply have the instructor include it in the training and documents.  It usually consists of drawing from an ankle holster and firing a few shots at close quarters. 

• Thanks 1

We used to joke that in New Jersey you are only allowed to return fire and it would look even better for you if you got hit. 

The sad news is that with the current upswing in violence, that scenario is highly likely. 

i just hung up with my pd. lady was friendly. said i could stop in any time to pick up application. told me it's all on paper.

so.....what questions should i ask when i stop in tomorrow? could someone repost the link to the doj directive please? i'd like to have a printed copy to take with me. i'm only not going today because my truck needs a muffler and i ain't pulling into the police station with open exhaust.

thanks guys!

• Like 1

SCOTUS has issued their “Orders” for 6/27. I took a quick look and do not see any references to the pending gun cases(e.g. mag ban). Am mobile so cannot examine it more closely.  Anyone else have a look as yet?  (Google Scotus Orders).

15 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

i just hung up with my pd. lady was friendly. said i could stop in any time to pick up application. told me it's all on paper.

so.....what questions should i ask when i stop in tomorrow? could someone repost the link to the doj directive please? i'd like to have a printed copy to take with me. i'm only not going today because my truck needs a muffler and i ain't pulling into the police station with open exhaust.

thanks guys!

https://www.nj.gov/oag/dcj/agguide/directives/ag-Directive-2022-07_Directive Clarifying Requirements For Carrying Of Firearms In Public.pdf

I spoke to local PD. They said they are waiting for clarification on what is "insufficient" as to the quals and familiarity.  FYI.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/regulations/new-jersey/N-J-Admin-Code-SS-13-54-2-4

2 minutes ago, samiam said:

Yeah, the directive cites that AC item, but the training requirements listed in the NJSP instructions for completing SP 642 differ from that substantially. And NJSP is the mandatory middleman between local PD and the Superior Court judge who makes the ultimate determination. So, that is a real problem. Also, if NJ views confusion over training/familiarity requirements as delaying applications and granted permits, what incentive do they have to quickly issue a permanent clarification? I hate to be so cynical, but, except for 4 years in NY mountains, I have lived here all of my septugenariuan life, and that experience indicates that when it comes to NJ State government, its ass-clowns all the way down...

Thats why I suspect the first wave of applicants have to throw everything and kitchen sink at it, which unfortunately costs an arm and a leg.  I would be VERY surprised if the initial "package" of training, quals, paperwork help, BS photos etc put together by the ranges costs substantially less than $1000.

• Like 1