DirtyDigz

What's a decent per lb price for once fired brass?

I've been casually collecting brass for a couple of years in case I ever started reloading.  Doesn't look like I'll be reloading anytime soon.  My collection is mostly .223/5.56 and 9mm, with occasional other odd pistol/rifle calibers sprinkled in.

There's an ammo retailer offering $1.85/lb store credit for uncleaned/unsorted brass - they don't care what caliber it is, as long as it's brass.

Is that a decent price per lb, or could I do better with a F2F sale?

2 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

I've been casually collecting brass for a couple of years in case I ever started reloading.  Doesn't look like I'll be reloading anytime soon.  My collection is mostly .223/5.56 and 9mm, with occasional other odd pistol/rifle calibers sprinkled in.

There's an ammo retailer offering $1.85/lb store credit for uncleaned/unsorted brass - they don't care what caliber it is, as long as it's brass.

Very decent price!  Scrap brass is $2 per pound now.

11 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

Save it....one day you will kick yourself for not doing so...

It could be worth much more than scrap or credit prices in a potential coming collapse.

Why aren't you reloading?  It is never too late to start

• Like 1

Two years ago the price for unsorted 'dirty' brass (which is what spent ammo casings are classified as) was $1.60/pound, both locally at at Freedom Munitions (when they were still running the scrap brass program).

I started taking brass locally to save on the shipping, which was considerable. But haven't had any to take in the last 18 months.

Hey

I just started reloading and unfortunately I never collected any of my brass.  So here I am trying to build up my brass collection.  Let me know if you want to offload some of your brass to me.  Let me know how much you want.  

Thanks!

30 minutes ago, Ryu said:

Hey

I just started reloading and unfortunately I never collected any of my brass.  So here I am trying to build up my brass collection.  Let me know if you want to offload some of your brass to me.  Let me know how much you want.  

Thanks!

You're about an hour north of me.  You willing to drive an hour to pick up?