Jump to content
82flh

strike industries stock stop is legal in NJ

Recommended Posts

Interesting but could it later be removed with tools to bring your stock back to full adjustability or will you have to replace the buffer tube?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, brucin said:

Interesting but could it later be removed with tools to bring your stock back to full adjustability or will you have to replace the buffer tube?

You can just pull it out of the slot in the receiver extension and you're back to the regular, adjustable configuration. I have one on my Kriss Vector CRB. It is quite nose heavy with the stock fully extended, but when I visit free America I can whip the stock stop out and it's much nicer to shoot. I just have to remember to put it back before crossing back into NJ. It only allows the stock to be set at the longest position which is a shame, but it's better than pinning the stock IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

You can just pull it out of the slot in the receiver extension and you're back to the regular, adjustable configuration. I have one on my Kriss Vector CRB. It is quite nose heavy with the stock fully extended, but when I visit free America I can whip the stock stop out and it's much nicer to shoot. I just have to remember to put it back before crossing back into NJ. It only allows the stock to be set at the longest position which is a shame, but it's better than pinning the stock IMO.

Thanks I'm going to give it a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 82flh said:

just so everyone knows the  Strike industries stock stop is legal in NJ

which im happy with hate drilling holes if i dont have to

 

Capture.JPG

Thanks for sharing.

I like the line about permanently attaching the brake being up to the owner...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for starting this thread. I am new too long guns, only had handguns until now. I am building an AR.  I have been looking at the solutions to fix the stock to be compliant. I saw the Strike Industries product and found a 3D printer model of it. I modified the one online to get a better fit.  I'll post it in Thingiverse if anyone here prints.  I also found a product called Range Roll Stock-Lok on Amazon that claims NJ compliance. Was a bit surprised to see that it is a piece of plastic and a screw for $35.  I designed my own if anyone is interested.  

IMG_5179.HEIC IMG_5181.HEIC IMG_5182.HEIC IMG_5178.HEIC

IMG_5182.jpg

IMG_5181.jpg

IMG_5178.jpg

IMG_5179 (1).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2022 at 5:24 PM, MarcWinNJ said:

Thanks for starting this thread. I am new too long guns, only had handguns until now. I am building an AR.  I have been looking at the solutions to fix the stock to be compliant. I saw the Strike Industries product and found a 3D printer model of it. I modified the one online to get a better fit.  I'll post it in Thingiverse if anyone here prints.  I also found a product called Range Roll Stock-Lok on Amazon that claims NJ compliance. Was a bit surprised to see that it is a piece of plastic and a screw for $35.  I designed my own if anyone is interested.  

IMG_5179.HEICUnavailable IMG_5181.HEICUnavailable IMG_5182.HEICUnavailable IMG_5178.HEICUnavailable

IMG_5182.jpg

IMG_5181.jpg

IMG_5178.jpg

IMG_5179 (1).jpg

 

 

Thanks for sharing.

What's the file name on Tingiverse?

The file attachments in your post are not available.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I have not uploaded them yet.  Which one do you want and I'll do it shortly. The Range Roll Stock-Lok like one is good. The other works but I am tweaking to prevent the slightest little bit of play.   

2 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

 

 

Thanks for sharing.

What's the file name on Tingiverse?

The file attachments in your post are not available.

Sorry I have not uploaded them yet.  Which one do you want and I'll do it shortly. The Range Roll Stock-Lok like one is good. The other works but I am tweaking to prevent the slightest little bit of play.   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MarcWinNJ said:

Sorry I have not uploaded them yet.  Which one do you want and I'll do it shortly. The Range Roll Stock-Lok like one is good. The other works but I am tweaking to prevent the slightest little bit of play.   

 

 

 

Oh, there's no rush.  Just update this thread when you get to it.

My son made me a "quick and dirty" version before he went back to school, so I have one that's functional (but wiggly) so I can wait.

Besides, if i try to print a job without him here I'll just make spiderwebs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2021 at 4:29 PM, 82flh said:

yes  it its called stock stop...its just a strip of plastic

 

this doesn't look too bad and looks like you can set it up to the position you want by cutting drilling hole in the position you want.  Unless I'm wrong

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

this doesn't look too bad and looks like you can set it up to the position you want by cutting drilling hole in the position you want.  Unless I'm wrong

It has slits in it and is meant to be cut.  But yes it is position adjustable one time 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MarcWinNJ said:

Here is the link to one of them:  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5239451

 

 

 

2 hours ago, MarcWinNJ said:

Here is the link to the one I used that you cut.  It's a bit thick but it fits snugly.  I am doing a remix where I inserted cut lines to make it easier.  I am still working on the sizing of it though.  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3663795

 

 

Thanks for sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RUTGERS95 said:

this doesn't look too bad and looks like you can set it up to the position you want by cutting drilling hole in the position you want.  Unless I'm wrong

This only allows you to set the stock in the most extended position. There is a tab that extends downward at the front which stops forward movement of the stock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stock stop. I just drilled a hole the size of the pin, in it, in the position I wanted and it works fine.
My buddy also just cut it where it lined up with where he wanted the stock and it worked fine. You just have to make sure you cut it cleanly and only leave enough space for the pin or you will get slight movement in the stock, which in my opinion even though not adjustable is bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2022 at 3:14 AM, InFamous said:

 

There is a reason my stocks are allll magpul. 

You can actually drive a pin in horizontally under the mechanism and through the spring for the same effect, you just have to remove a small amount of plastic to get the pin to fit. I don't drill all the way through for a blind pin fit. I've also used a smaller steel pin that fit in the spring so I could retain all the parts using the above videos method. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...