Scorpio64

Truck Tires

I've been happy with the Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT I put on my GMC 2500HD. The extent of my "off-roading" consists of dirt tracks; but I also plow snow commercially. Number one complaint I typically read about with Cooper tires in general is trouble getting them balanced. I was lucky and did not have any issues. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

HTS

That's what I have on the truck now.  I've never got stuck with them, and they are very quiet for a truck tire, but they did not impress me last winter.  Also, they don't seem to grab dry road all that well, I will burn rubber every time I step on it to pull out on to a busy road.

2 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Can anyone recommend a mud and snow rated truck tire that has a good balance between performance and road noise.

i've got eldorado sport fury on my excursion. i put them on because i had a customer request that model for his chevy 2500hd, and he loved them.....so i gave em a try. fooking great tire. made by cooper i believe.

• Like 1

In the past I've run BFG KO2 and different Michelins. The BFG were a tad noisier and I took a 1-2 mpg hit (that matters when only getting low teens to begin with) they also wore very quick. The last set of Michelin I had (I can look up model if you want), were quieter, did not have the mpg hit, but also wore quick and were not as good when pushing snow. The Coopers seem to be pretty good all around for my needs. 

I typically put Michelin on my wife's small SUVs, I might try Coopers this time for her also. I'm getting close to needing them, if we have a harsh winter these won't last the whole season. Unless Bucky closes in person learning again, then it won't really matter as much.