82flh

outside looking in propaganda and family/politics

off topic i been planing to move back to NJ from TN

talked to my leftist parents for the first time in about 11 months

i can't believe how much they have changed....the leftist media in NJ and countrywideare really taking effect

on my family... the cnn's and the news i can remember when i left years ago my father watching cnn and shaking his head saying  "i hate that trump"

i can't even talk to them anymore they are oblivious to the fact they are being propagated

they actually support that they voted for biden even after i see NJ turning into a liberal shithole of communism

my question to you all in NJ in the middle or right side of thing (im libertarian) dealing with their leftist family?

i cant even stand talking to them anymore....its like they embrace communism it disgusts me

they hate guns and believe they should all be taken only the military should own them

i cant separate politics from family it runs to deep...how do you guys handle it?

its like i cant even stand being on the phone with them

anyone else dealing with this?

i will also say this.....be careful what you say to them....these days they are more likley to use what you say against you!

with all this red flag bullsh%t

i see real division and its getting worse!

I don't have rabid leftist family members, but there are a couple definitely on that side of the fence. I simply don't talk to them unless there's a necessary reason. And necessary topics don't include politics. That same treatment would hold for parents, if they were alive, or children.

Remember that during the Civil War (war of secession actually) many 'friends' and 'family members' killed each other when the conflict got real. It's quite possible that will happen again.

I can appreciate your situation. There's a least one lifelong friend I dumped because of this.

• Agree 3

it breaks my heart man...as we sink into the abyss.....i see cops on the f@cking bordwalk beating women in a place i grew up....i see stabbings in the shop rite parking lot...propgaganda daily on nj spotlight news showing people getting jabbed everyday...small business forced to shut down...that crooked toothed POS dictating millions of men...i see real deep separations in beliefs..when i saw that guy in forked river with the diner forced to shut down last year i wanted to come back to NJ   to defend his diner..i think the men in NJ are at a pivital point here...the cops and politicans around you are becoming your keepers...nics checks being shut down....i gotta say....im not sure i want to move back i feel like im living in exile between here and my home state....this sh%t is f&cked up! my parents are in their 70's and i dont know what to do

now the DHS labels us domestic terrorists for loving america

wtf guys?...really...wtf? do we just keep being obedient as we sink into the abyss?...

most of my family is normal. the only lefttard in the family is my mothers other son.....and he's in florida, stopped talking to me about 8 years ago and only calls mom when he needs something.

on the mom note...i take care of her. 4 months ago, she was totally against anyone mandating vaccines for any reason. thanks to the lsm, she now thinks that when a venue requires a vaccine id that it's ok. she's being brainwashed. but i still talk to her, because she just doesn't know any better...and i am the only reason she's not in a home...which i promised her that i'd not let happen.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

Dont leave TN

Dont come back to NJ

My mother got murdered...so can't talk to her...

Don't talk to my father for other reasons...only when needed...it gets easier.

Don't talk to my sister either....other reasons...only if needed...it gets easier...

The old adage is you can't choose your family but you can choose your friends...

They *may* be your parents, doesn't mean you need to love them, respect them or like them...

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

on the mom note...i take care of her. 4 months ago, she was totally against anyone mandating vaccines for any reason. thanks to the lsm, she now thinks that when a venue requires a vaccine id that it's ok. she's being brainwashed. but i still talk to her, because she just doesn't know any better...and i am the only reason she's not in a home...which i promised her that i'd not let happen.

Kudos to you as a son. My mother lived with us for six years until the end. She could be a difficult woman in some respects. Politics wasn't one of them, but the effect was the same.

When your scenario concludes you'll be glad you did it, and have no regrets.

• Agree 1

i live on 4 acres out here in rural TN shoot off my porch to a 50 yard target with my ar's...thing is TN gives me the freedom but not the family..... seems the family is drifting further left into the abyss as each crisis is created...such a tough call as things in this country get worse...i really cant afford to fly back and forth like most so this is a real struggle...i moved out here to a run down house i bought for 20k on 4 acres...bought it thru fannie may....been working on it since....many many many men in NJ are out here living in exile to

2 minutes ago, 82flh said:

thing i been worried about latley is "the call"....and living with the fact i abandoned them for freedom....

The thing about freedom is everybody has it. They were free to go too, but also free to stay where they were.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, 82flh said:

thing i been worried about latley is "the call"....and living with the fact i abandoned them for freedom....

Or did they abandon you for Marxism and slavery?

If you really believe you're looking at this objectively, then stay in TN and feel no guilt. We cannot control what our parents are or our children become. Influence... maybe. Control... no.

If my mother had been beyond the pale, I would have abandoned her. I'm not a fan of self-destruction, and life is too short.

Fortunately for me she wasn't. So it didn't come to that. Your mileage may vary.

so worst case senario....those yankee hill machine phantom muzzle brakes are better to use  from what i see they really work at muzzle rise  than standard a2 device on an ar15?.....rolmao....maybe i'll try it out anyway being i pissed away 70 bucks on compliance parts at midway..lol

In this instance, I guess, Janis Joplin was right.  Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.

It is the fear of loosing what few good things we have that ties us to the bad things that hold us down.  It took courage to move away for the sake of your principles.  In this day and age, where money tops all, we live in a nation of mostly unprincipled people.  Always remember that freedom is not free, there is always some cost, financial, social, etc.. associated with it.

• Like 1

scorpio...that is the best answer i have gotten in years...very polished and complex

but you wanna know something brother? i have pork roll, and jersey sand in my blood

i miss wawa, and godammit if i could sit down in a diner right now, i miss riding my bike down 537 headed to cape may and the interaction with jersey folks

the fact of this man right here you are talking to is this.......and im taking a chance here responding like this with all the little white slaves watching these posts... but i dont give a sh&t....i would bleed right now for new jersey if the men there would take control and regain their dignity...last year when i saw that diner in forked river forced to close down for serving breakfast i was ready to bounce right there and drive home to protect that guy ...id rather die in NJ trying to save it...than live here in freedom

what i have seen happen to my home state is a godam shame...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 82flh said:

i live on 4 acres out here in rural TN shoot off my porch to a 50 yard target with my ar's...thing is TN gives me the freedom but not the family..... seems the family is drifting further left into the abyss as each crisis is created...such a tough call as things in this country get worse...i really cant afford to fly back and forth like most so this is a real struggle...i moved out here to a run down house i bought for 20k on 4 acres...bought it thru fannie may....been working on it since....many many many men in NJ are out here living in exile to

Sounds like a lot better than in NJ - you are guilting yourself for no reason - if there have zero in common with you and you are afraid they may "turn you in" - is there really a conversation to be had here?  They made their choice and their life - you go make yours - get your head right

1 hour ago, 82flh said:

How about they abandoned America and the very freedoms they were given and are shitting on the grave of the men and women that died to give them the very freedom to be liberal zealots.....

1 hour ago, silverado427 said:

Don't let anyone pull you down their fukin rabbit hole.  

^^^^^^^^^^  THIS -

You have a bucket of happiness, do not let anyone draw to much water from it without replenishing it more - seems like your family jsut draws from it - and never puts any back....

I for a very very long time let so many people sap *my* happiness - and at 55 in three weeks - guess what - no more, this is my life and what is left of it is on my terms, not any passive aggressive commie pinko sons of bitches....

Do you get how I feel??  :drinks: - you should do the same while you can

4 hours ago, 82flh said:

it breaks my heart man...as we sink into the abyss.....i see cops on the f@cking bordwalk beating women in a place i grew up....i see stabbings in the shop rite parking lot...propgaganda daily on nj spotlight news showing people getting jabbed everyday...small business forced to shut down...that crooked toothed POS dictating millions of men...i see real deep separations in beliefs..when i saw that guy in forked river with the diner forced to shut down last year i wanted to come back to NJ   to defend his diner..i think the men in NJ are at a pivital point here...the cops and politicans around you are becoming your keepers...nics checks being shut down....i gotta say....im not sure i want to move back i feel like im living in exile between here and my home state....this sh%t is f&cked up! my parents are in their 70's and i dont know what to do

now the DHS labels us domestic terrorists for loving america

wtf guys?...really...wtf? do we just keep being obedient as we sink into the abyss?...

The best decision I have made in years was to leave NJ. You couldn't pay me enough to move there. NJ is a wasteland. The only lefties in my family are on my wife's side. They are in Bergen County. We will probably not be going to a wedding up there in October due to her family being so crazy and brainwashed about covid/vaccine, etc.

JC (home range) back yard....lol i guess theres lots to say about being free...it certainly comes with a cost it can weigh alot when your parents are up in age im 53 myself we have lots in common bud

i guess we should pay more attention to whats coming as opposed to who to save...i dunno

i know they'll be a price to pay ....it just didnt come yet

45 minutes ago, 82flh said:

guy ...id rather die in NJ trying to save it...than live here in freedom

I totally understand what you’re saying, I’d do the same for my home state too. 
I’ve lived in NJ for 20 years, and am finally getting ‘paroled’. We are moving to Texas next month. And I’m looking forward to going home.

If I’m being honest, I like SOME things about NJ. I do. South Jersey has some really nice scenery. Y’all have some pretty decent food, although I don’t understand the obsession with Pork Roll (at least I call it by its proper name). I love the change of seasons here. Fall is absolutely lovely. I’ll miss some things like that. 
I’ve met a lot of nice people here, and I got an amazing wife out of the deal (who was the reason I stayed here for 20). And some very good, close friends, that I would take a bullet for. I will miss them most of all, and hope they will never leave my life. 

A lot of people here are going to question your sanity for wanting to come back to NJ, as it’s slipped so far, even since I’ve been a resident here. I’m not gonna do that. 
I hope that you find the NJ you left is still worth fighting for.
Fight for what you love, and you always win. 

• Like 1

this just came up in my facebook feed down the road from me bout 1/2 mile here in TN

big change for me from riding out in NJ  to wawa meeting all my fellow bikers for a ride down 537

i think a major part might be isolation being so rural

up the road.JPG

7 minutes ago, 82flh said:

id be lying if i said i havent choked up the last few months playing this...

i can smell the jersey air riding down ocean ave on my bike

Bruce?? I wouldn’t piss in his mouth if his teeth were on fire. 

• Agree 7
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, JC_68Westy said:

We will probably not be going to a wedding up there in October due to her family being so crazy and brainwashed about covid/vaccine, etc.

Tell them you're not vaccinated, not getting vaccinated, and not wearing a mask coming to or while in NJ.

That oughta do it. Invitation rescinded!

At least you won't have to buy a gift. :icon_mrgreen:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 82flh said:

TN is the place where I'll end up.

I got the call, twice, from across an ocean and thousand of miles away. 

The thing is they knew, understood and never critized my choices that put an ocean between us. We lived on phone calls, (hell, I'm so old that in the beginning  was letters) and early visits.

Sure I have regrets and I also abandoned them for freedom, economic freedom. But leaving them when and why I did it isn't one of them. I regret I didn't visit them  more often when I could. 

i agree...the prick shoulda kept his mouth shut i stepped away from him for years however he is still NJ and his songs reflect alot of what we grew up with...funny how the liberals take everything good and sh&t on its face as for wp22 im outside clarksville which is very cheap still...if anyone needs help finding property or rent im here...free of charge im in a little town called erin TN..im in the country bout 4 miles from town its totally rural...you are all welocme to put an rv here for few weeks look around....i'll run a cord for electricity

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 82flh said:

i agree...the prick shoulda kept his mouth shut i stepped away from him for years however he is still NJ and his songs reflect alot of what we grew up with...funny how the liberals take everything good and sh&t on its face as for wp22 im outside clarksville which is very cheap still...if anyone needs help finding property or rent im here...free of charge im in a little town called erin TN..im in the country bout 4 miles from town its totally rural...you are all welocme to put an rv here for few weeks look around....i'll run a cord for electricity

Thanks for the offer but I'm about 10 years away from making the move.