82flh

outside looking in propaganda and family/politics

Family is tough.  Luckly I get along (for the large part) with both my parents and all my inlaws.

I couldnt' imagine them being polar opposites politically.

If you really can't even stand talking to them and cant separate politics from family than you may want to stay away.  Or maybe look for a compromise?  They live with you in Tennessee during the winter months and you live with them some of the time in NJ?  Don't know how feasible that is with what you do for a living.  Do  you have any siblings or other family members (younger Aunts or Uncles or cousins) that can help them if they need help?

That's a very hard place to be in.  Neither of you are going to change.  Even if they are in their 70s they could live to be in their 90s.  Do you really want to come back here for 15-20 years?  Especially if you don't get along with the people you came back to be with?

As far was wanting to help people in NJ or help change things in NJ, it's a waste of time.  Most of them WANT to be here and live were they do.  If I had to guess I would say a large percentage of people in NJ have never lived outside the tri-state area.  It's all they know.  Their roots are here and they are some times VERY deep roots.

Unless you and your parents can put aside politics and just enjoy the time you have left with one another you may want to do some really deep thinking before moving back.  Don't know how long ago you moved out of NJ but things have only gotten worse.  Do things ever get better in NJ?  Think about all the people you know who have left NJ.  How many of them say, "Man, I should have never left.  I should really go back."  Nobody I know who's left has EVER said that.  And yes, as Tex pointed out, NJ does some some great things to offer.  But they are few and far between.  You could always visit a few couple times a year.  It's a drive but it's not THAT far.  You can see them for short periods.  Re-visit the good things about NJ and then go home.

I don't envy your position.  Good luck with what ever it is you decide. 

• Like 1

I'm 6 years away from leaving and even though there is a lot to love about NJ I will leave and never look back Ironically looking in Eastern TN maybe Western NC

TOUGH ONE GLEN....TOUGH ONE FOR SURE....its the politics that ruined NJ....but you are right....they don't want to change....what liberals do is ignore the oppression...then when it gets bad...they bring their cancer to free states...im already seing the change here in TN and im backwoods rural....these people ruin it everywhere they go....its got to stop!...we have got to let them know they are not welcome here!...my own family makes me cringe!....seriously cringe!

they hate guns,hate trump, and when you mention anything patriotic like the constitution  they giggle

this is what happens when liberals take over east tennessee.....this is why i didnt move there....I WANT TO BE FAR AWAY FROM THESE DISGUSTING PEOPLE!....THEY ARE TAKING TENNESSEE AND SHI%^TING ALL OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!! DONT MOVE TO EAST TN IF YOU ARE CONSERVATIVE ! THEY THINK THEY CAN MOVE ANYWHERE AND CHANGE IT!

im watching this now live .. YOU WATCHING? .these nervy loud mouthed liberals think they can yell and scream and run peoples lives Glen...they come from their home states after they been run into the ground...and piss on the southern folks....i just posted on their facebook...NOT ONE INCH!....DONT GIVE THESE LIBERALS ONE INCH!....THEIR PROPERTY TAX ISNT WORTH IT!

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

And on a side note, my house officially went on the market yesterday. 

Congratulations!

I assume it has sold by now.   :)

We're still hoping to put ours up by April of next year, but the amount of work that has to be done first is daunting--there is a lot of stuff to get rid of!  And we've no idea how to manage buying a house most of the way across the country in a market so hot most houses are selling same-day, for cash.

7 minutes ago, 10X said:

Congratulations!

I assume it has sold by now.   :)

We're still hoping to put ours up by April of next year, but the amount of work that has to be done first is daunting--there is a lot of stuff to get rid of!  And we've no idea how to manage buying a house most of the way across the country in a market so hot most houses are selling same-day, for cash.

4 offers as of a bit ago, all nicely over asking. Showings are still booked through Sunday as far as I know.

• Like 2

I understand this all too well.  My dad was laid off around the time of the pandemic and became a bleeding heart liberal. All while they were killing the restaurant industry (I was a chef) and fighting cops (my brother is a cop). Needless to say we don't get along. I learned to just not bring it up at get togethers and if he does I politely say "this will lead to a fight,  change the subject. " 

As far as nj is concerned my fiance is here for her family but she's slowly seeing the light about leaving.  

1 hour ago, 82flh said:

EAST TN  is where all the new jersey/new york liberals moved...no thanks....my only neighbors are goats out here....lol....and two militia less than half mile away

we shoot with the local sherriff at his 100 yard lot...lol

Got a friend who moved to Sparta, TN in White County.  About 12 years ago. From Staten Island, NY. He is a little right of Attila the Hun.  So no NY Lib.  Got 75 acres on a mountain, with a fishing pond, nice out building and. 3600 sq ft recently build log cabin. For $350k.

• Haha 1

You gotta set and enforce boundaries, especially for topics like politics and religion. I have a couple relatives who got the post-Trump MSNBC brain and I just tell them I don't want to even here it, and that I am definitely not going to bring that shit up, so they shouldn't either.

On 9/1/2021 at 2:12 PM, CAL. .30 M1 said:

Dont come back to NJ

The old adage is you can't choose your family but you can choose your friends...

THIS!

On 9/1/2021 at 3:07 PM, njJoniGuy said:

It may be exile, but it's FREEDOM.

NOT freedom... Perhaps more free, but NOT FREEDOM.  The whole of it is being systematically dismantled.  

I have a bat-shit, crazy Progressive brother and one that should be more aligned with my thoughts.  However, he is being brainwashed as well to the point where there is no common ground (That is occuring with the corporate-indoctrinated better half as well)...   For example, he actually believes wholeheartely that "mean-tweeting" Trump legitimately lost the election. Nothing I can do but put distance between my two brothers and myself. It has gone much further than just Left and Right.  There is the shifting Left and even the middle is being labled and attacked as being to the right.  There isn't even a sliver of doubt deviating from the Globalist Religion.  And there cannot be for this great reset scheme to go forward.

My parents are more aligned with my thoughts.  One is ultra-patriotic and believes that I am attacking her country when I point out the bad actors. 

Just about ALL of this propaganda and repetition and DIVISION is planned.  And what is not planned is comandered and utilized, making use of a crisis.  Even the active support of Trump is being used to identify those supporters that will eventually have to be addressd that are on the list and who will at the very least need to be reeducated..    

"Must get vaccinated.  Cops bad.  Guns bad.  Must stay home.  Trump Devil.  Fox Bad (Screw Fox by the way).  Must wear masks.  Must get vaccinated.  Cops bad.  Guns bad.  Must stay home.  Trump Devil..."  

Those managing the intelligence, surveillence state, and propaganda wing are creating a new religion with two different sets of Commandments.  One for them and one for the rest.  

• Thanks 1