gleninjersey

Tropical Storm Ida Ravaging NJ

3 hours ago, Bklynracer said:

Murphy live on TV talking about storm flooding and damage. Unprecedented event.

Says more needs to be done dealing with climate change.

of course he has to use this to further an agenda. he can't just look to helping people.

38 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

Heard several houses in our town had major damage to their foundations.  Probably going to have to be torn down.

Hopefully they had flood insurance.  I couldn't imagine losing my entire house.

Unless they were in a flood zone, then most likely they don't have flood insurance.  I know I don't...

7 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

Sadly all of my ammo and firearms were washed away.

That’s your story, and you’re sticking to it…

I believe you. The exact same thing happened to me! 

• Like 1

1271990f0d019438f692650a04a9a80d805ac793-1.jpg.2d7872f6b59ba263f8826d5f13c4280d.jpg

got some water weeping from the stand pipe exit hole in the wall.  we'd previously filled and patched it, as Irene dumped enough and material behind the face-only of the block couldn't stand up to the pressure, causing it to burst.  flooded the basement in minutes that time.  already have the floor padding dried out, and will reinstall it and the vinyl tiles soon.  could have been worse, that was a SHITLOAD of water.

This sucks.  The guy i know from the liquor store down the road from me.  25 years old.  Another drowning victim.  I cant believe it.  Im not sure if his body was found yet.  We got hit very hard here in hopewell.  I pulled a few cars out out of the floodwaters.   Couldn’t get them all. Rip bro. 

• Sad 2

On 9/3/2021 at 9:12 PM, Golf battery said:

This sucks.  The guy i know from the liquor store down the road from me.  25 years old.  Another drowning victim.  I cant believe it.  Im not sure if his body was found yet.  We got hit very hard here in hopewell.  I pulled a few cars out out of the floodwaters.   Couldn’t get them all. Rip bro. 

Circle?  Damn.  Yeah, we got it hard.  My household was fine though.  https://nj1015.com/hopewell-nj-cops-swept-away-by-floods-fire-weapon-to-call-for-help-opinion/

I have rental properties in Somerville.  One of them took 2 feet of water on the first floor, completely submerging the basement.  Pics from outsiede show the water up to the tops of the detached garage doors.  Its a duplex, both tenants lost everything that wasn't on the second floor.  Anything outside washed away, to be replaced by other stuff from upstream.

Disaster doesnt begin to describe what the area looks like.  Imagine taking everything you own and throwing it into a pile on the front lawn.

4 minutes ago, mustang69 said:

I have rental properties in Somerville.  One of them took 2 feet of water on the first floor, completely submerging the basement.  Pics from outsiede show the water up to the tops of the detached garage doors.  Its a duplex, both tenants lost everything that wasn't on the second floor.  Anything outside washed away, to be replaced by other stuff from upstream.

Disaster doesnt begin to describe what the area looks like.  Imagine taking everything you own and throwing it into a pile on the front lawn.

Certain parts of Somerville got devastated - others were completely fine.  It's so weird to see it...

Just now, mustang69 said:

Just down the street from you.  Near corner of Grove and William.  

Oh yeah - that corner there got hit bad - I see all the stuff out on the curb waiting to get picked up.  Which houses?  One of my daughter's old classmates lives right there - Hopefully they didn't lose much - they're 3 houses from the corner I think on Grove.

4 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Certain parts of Somerville got devastated - others were completely fine.  It's so weird to see it...

4 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Oh yeah - that corner there got hit bad - I see all the stuff out on the curb waiting to get picked up.  Which houses?  One of my daughter's old classmates lives right there - Hopefully they didn't lose much - they're 3 houses from the corner I think on Grove.

It's all about elevation.

I'm only 14 ft asl.  Sandy saw houses 200 yds from my front door loose their first floor.  I was fine.

Climate change? Real. But using fossil fuels has little to do with it, if anything.

The tree huggers in the 70s were talking global cooling.  Guess what that wasn't the end of us all. 

Cooling and warming are cycles the Earth goes through. Whatever we do has little to do with it.

FWIW, the winter of 1940-41 in Europe was so cold most of the English Channel froze over.  The Brits were concerned the Germans would just drive their tanks over the ice.

Elizabeth had a response issue because Fire Dept HQS was flooded. Not normal but I've seen a photo of them flooded out in the 70s.

Modern “Climate Science”.....

“Look at the time represented by the thickness of a piece of paper to predict the trends represented by the height of a telephone pole.  Also use crayons to create precision charts.

Seriously.  That’s where they are at in this climate business.   Its not political. Its dumb.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Right on William St at the river.  The bigger piles of stuff at the curb.

10 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Climate change? Real. But using fossil fuels has little to do with it, if anything.

The tree huggers in the 70s were talking global cooling.  Guess what that wasn't the end of us all. 

Cooling and warming are cycles the Earth goes through. Whatever we do has little to do with it.

^ smartest post. ever.

On 9/7/2021 at 7:48 AM, CMJeepster said:

Circle?  Damn.  Yeah, we got it hard.  My household was fine though.  https://nj1015.com/hopewell-nj-cops-swept-away-by-floods-fire-weapon-to-call-for-help-opinion/

Yeah. So what i was told on monday.  The officer has been suspended due to unlawfully discharging a firearm.  Goooo hopewell twsp committee.  What idiots.  This is what wokism gets you

2 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Yeah. So what i was told on monday.  The officer has been suspended due to unlawfully discharging a firearm.  Goooo hopewell twsp committee.  What idiots.  This is what wokism gets you

There was a Port Authority Officer who shot out a window so he and a bunch of people could escape on 9/11.  Nothing happened to him.

I guess Hopewell and Port Authority have different rules.

12 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Jeez.  He was in a life-threatening situation with no other options.  Tools...

We got crushed here by Sandy Hook. Power is out everywhere, tons of trees down and power lines down.

This storm came out of nowhere. Maybe 5 minutes warning via weather alert message on my phone. Everything was calm, then boom! It all hit at once. I’ve never seen such continuous lightning. Lasted about an hour. 

We were hit pretty hard too.  I thought it was another micro-burst (mini tornado).  All was quiet, then I hear a racket on my roof.  At first I thought it was hail, but was black walnuts blown onto roof from a tree fifteen feet away.  Rain was actually going sideways.  Very surprised we didn't lose power

I thought it was a microburst as well - we may still find out it was. The shorter trees around me got blown sideways - bent until they were parallel to the ground. The tall trees at my neighbors’ were twisting back and forth like trying to get a cork out of a bottle. The rain was spiraling all over.

I think there was hail - I don’t have any trees tall enough to drop nuts or acorns on my property and it sounded like someone was throwing pennies against my windows. My grill got blown over and tossed across the patio and my large glass and heavy cast aluminum table got lifted off the deck. Bananas!