charleslee

Rifle placement in safe

A friend has a large safe but the way he has his rifles placed inside isn’t the best. He has them in a U shape wasting a lot of inner space. Shelves removed. He’s looking at circular racks to place in the center but do you fellas have any recommendations? Thank you & happy Labor Day! 

I overuse my space. I gunsock all rifles with tags on sock. alternating barrels up and down. Fits more. Often used in front and seldum used in rear. Fill up that inner section with  rifles. Max your usuable space. I split my safe 2/3 for rifles and 1/3 for handguns. HGs I sock or leave in cases.

I do keep a few pump 12 ga in front unwrapped, JIC use.

1 hour ago, charleslee said:

A friend has a large safe but the way he has his rifles placed inside isn’t the best. He has them in a U shape wasting a lot of inner space. Shelves removed. He’s looking at circular racks to place in the center but do you fellas have any recommendations? Thank you & happy Labor Day! 

So like a lazy-Susan for a gun safe? Seems like that would waste more space.   Better off with vertical panels that pull/slide out.  So instead of [ O ] you’d get [ | | ] where each | is on rollers and pulls out.   

Thanks guys, great suggestions, passed on. Personally I use gun socks also, gonna have to try that alternating barrel up/down method. I overuse space also & have them crammed in. Yes, my buddy was looking & a lazy Susan type holder & you’re right, I believe, it would take up room in & of itself. 

Maximize your space? 

Remove the foam barrel separators and replace them with something smooth and soft.  Felt, soft cloth, etc.  Place your long guns on their buttstocks closer together.  Utilize the empty space between them by standing others on their barrels and slipping their buttstocks between the barrels of the upright guns. 

This is how I get 15-18 long guns comfortably into an "8-gun" cabinet.