JeepGunner

WMA Range Shooting

I'm going to get my NJ hunting license soon.  (I've completed the online hunter education course and am awaiting the field day training next week.). After I obtain my license I understand I can use the available ranges per the regulations below.

https://nj.gov/dep/fgw/ranges.htm

One of the regulations is:

At least one (1) member of the shooting party must have a current, valid New Jersey hunting license in possession.

I have the following question: Will I be able to take other family members to shoot with me even though they do not have FIDs? (i.e. they will be using my rifles.)

Thanks for any and all feedback.

Fid card has nothing to do with the free wma ranges. 

Fid card and or the hunter education cert card are not valid for wma range use. Must have a valid hunting license (gun or bow). 

Once you pass your NJ hunting education you then need to purchase your annual NJ firearm hunting license. Whether you take 1 or 10 people,  as long as you have that current (year) license on your person you are legal. 

Also make sure the rifles are legally allowed based on NJ wma rules.  Their are restrictions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1