ianargent

.22lr conversion kit on a G17L

My first (and so far only) handgun is a Glock 17L. I like the thing, and the plastic euroweenie gun matches my plastic euroweenie car :)

Anyway, my last range day at Shore Shot, the rangemaster pointed out a .22lr conversion kit (slide, barrel, spring and magazine) that they had for sale. I'm thinking about it (at least as much because I don't have to do the permit thing again); but at $315 it's about as much as another pistol in .22! I believe it was the advantage arms LE 33 kit (which a quick google shows me they're overcharging significantly for...)

Anyone have any experience with this (or similar) kits for the Glock?

(Note, I'm moving to a new address in the same town, so it's a tad more complicated for me to get more permits than to just drop by the local PD and dropping off my paperwork)

Unless you need the kit to get yourself used to the gun or have no more permits, I would rather buy a 22lr handgun. They are quite a bit of fun, and hey, yet another new firearm.

some people who have done conversion kits have complained about durability and quality.

price sounds about right. check midway i purchased my AA kit for my 1911 from them 1 year ago. if you realy like the glock platform and like to shoot it then buy the conversion kit.

I do know that AA and bob marvel have teamed up and the new kits are more accurate and more money..

I have Kimber .22 lr conversion. It is very accurate and never jam with high velocity ammo. Once I brought target ammo and two fired shell (out of 500) stucked and I had to use a clean rod to push it out. It helps me to figure out how to handle 1911 without spending a lot of money to buy .45 ammo. It will not replace the experince of actual shooting .45, but it does help a lot. I mean a lot.

maksim has a valid point though, the money to pay for the converion kit can get you a .22 lr hand gun. The thing is that I do not like .22lr. I just use it as a teaching tool to teach me how to shoot the gun I have. I have not got the converion kit for Glock because a lot of people complaint about whatever on the market right now. If Glock make one, I will buy it. I saw Sig has one for $360+. If I buy a sig, I will buy the converion kit because it will pay for itself in no time.

Given the fantastic jamming ability of the 2 .22lr pistols I've shot (a reasonably recent and New In Box P22 and a Ruger Mk.I older than I am; not to mention the Mk.II that absolutely wouldn't chamber) I can't say as I'm impressed with the overall reliability of the .22lr in general. (Not that I didn't have a lot of fun with the guns that would chamber, mind. I figured out that the Mk. I would load fairly reliably if I didn't put more than about 5-6 rounds in the magazine, and the P22 is NEW, I expect it to need to work in a bit).

As I alluded to, the permits would be a bit of a problem right now (not that I should be talking about buying what, in the end, is a toy when I am about to buy a house...) Even though NJ Firearms guild has a nifty-looking customised Mk.I in their case... (Ahem)

Anyway, based on a couple of reviews on the 'net, the Advantage Arms kit has a good rep. OTOH, I can see why Shore Shot is charging as much as they are - everyone seems to be back-ordered on it. On the gripping hand - it's NOT a firearm, I can mailorder it.

(Which reminds me - does anyone on the 'net have any 9mm at a not-ungodly cost? I'd like to be able to do more than top off both mags that came with the gun :) )

the last time i purchased a box of 9mm i was not reloading yet and that was white box at 6.99 for a box of 50. :lol::lol:

The key to the conversion kits is to use plated ammo and keep them well lubed, i have been using gl2 silicone lubricant and works very well i also tote the lube to the range to keep it lubed during firing session a small squirt every 50 rounds.

the last time i purchased a box of 9mm i was not reloading yet and that was white box at 6.99 for a box of 50. :lol::lol:

The key to the conversion kits is to use plated ammo and keep them well lubed, i have been using gl2 silicone lubricant and works very well i also tote the lube to the range to keep it lubed during firing session a small squirt every 50 rounds.

Who makes it and where should I apply? My 22A has some feeding problems :(

My first (and so far only) handgun is a Glock 17L. I like the thing, and the plastic euroweenie gun matches my plastic euroweenie car :)

Anyway, my last range day at Shore Shot, the rangemaster pointed out a .22lr conversion kit (slide, barrel, spring and magazine) that they had for sale. I'm thinking about it (at least as much because I don't have to do the permit thing again); but at $315 it's about as much as another pistol in .22! I believe it was the advantage arms LE 33 kit (which a quick google shows me they're overcharging significantly for...)

Anyone have any experience with this (or similar) kits for the Glock?

(Note, I'm moving to a new address in the same town, so it's a tad more complicated for me to get more permits than to just drop by the local PD and dropping off my paperwork)

I own a Ceiner 22 conversion for my Beretta 96 never had any problems; the only thing I don't like is that after the last shot the slide stays closed. The Advantage arms for $315 are expensive maybe because they are harder to get.

ttp://www.advantagearms.com/

the only thing I don't like is that after the last shot the slide stays closed

Every 22lr conversion I've seen does the same thing. I think the only exception was a Colt Ace a friend bought a while back.

the only thing I don't like is that after the last shot the slide stays closed

Every 22lr conversion I've seen does the same thing. I think the only exception was a Colt Ace a friend bought a while back.

My aa stays open.

the last time i purchased a box of 9mm i was not reloading yet and that was white box at 6.99 for a box of 50. :lol: :lol:

Who makes it and where should I apply? My 22A has some feeding problems :(

you can find the lube at dicks in the airsoft isle, thats right it is airsoft greengas pistol lube.

i have 2 airsoft pistols a 1911 blowback and a berreta 92 blowback, they kept me occupide while recovering from surgery this winter..built an indoor range :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i have the aa kit for my g30 and it works great i love it ..it saved me a permit i got mine for 250 at a pa gun show mine locks back after last round the only thing is keeping it clean lead builds up fast but its great i would recommend getting one if you could find it