rrosin

Doctor Note for FID

I recently applied for my FID and the police department says that due to a state regulation, I must provide a doctors note saying that I can safely posses a firearm. They said this is because of an incident when I was 13 years old, and I told a fellow student "shut up or I'll shoot you". The problem is that I recently switched doctors and my new doctor says she wont write the note because she met me last week, although I think there may be more at play here because she made some comments like "what in the world would you need a gun for" and "you could be an axe murderer for all I know" (Then why would I need a gun? lol)

Does anyone know of a doctor who would be willing to do a one-time appointment, meet me, and write the note?

Wow! that's crazy the police must have gone to the moon and back to find something trivial from when you were 13. I wonder how the police got this information. You need a lawyer to assist you as i know of no doctor in NJ that will sign off for a gun permit nor of any instance of doctors in this state providing a reference for a gun permit. The school must have recorded the incident in some format and handed it to the police so they can deny you.....