1LtCAP

john wick/neo

ok. just saw this trailer for the newest matrix movie. it looks decent. but.....even though reeves was neo long before he was wick.......he's still got the beard. it feels like it's gonna be john wick in the matrix, lol

The Matrix Resurrections - Official Trailer (2021) Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss - YouTube

I feel like it's going to be an attempt at a reboot with nothing to really move the story along.

Lots of cool special effects but if it's just "Neo didn't die, machines weren't defeated, Neo kept hidden in the Matrix for "x" years until the new resistance found a hidden backdoor to get to him to re-awaken him to once again to save humanity"....... I'll be disappointed 

2 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

I feel like it's going to be an attempt at a reboot with nothing to really move the story along.

Lots of cool special effects but if it's just "Neo didn't die, machines weren't defeated, Neo kept hidden in the Matrix for "x" years until the new resistance found a hidden backdoor to get to him to re-awaken him to once again to save humanity"....... I'll be disappointed 

That’s not the worst basis for a plot though you’re right, it needs a real overall arc that advances the story from the trilogy. 

I've never seen the matrix.  I'm not a sci-fi guy.  Any movie, book, story that has a sci Fi , futuristic, fantasy story to it.  People lose their minds when I tell them.  Lol. Also never watched any star Trek, stars wars, lord of the rings, etc.  

I do like the John wick series although some parts are definite not realistic.   Lol. 

Neo is like 100x John Wick on steroids. 

And I agree, the plot needs to be better than Neo just being put back into the matrix. It may be a new Neo, though. I would just hate to see the story feel like a repeat.  It's probably going to be another multi movie series.