Mrs. Peel

Free Firearms Training for Women in Detroit... Complete with Pink Targets!

I have to chuckle... I've noticed there seems to be a "formula" when it comes to presenting firearms training to women. Step 1) Make it a "ladies only group thing"... and, Step 2) make sure the targets are damn pretty (preferably a shade of pink... or perhaps pink's first cousin, purple). 

On the one hand, I think this seems silly... but on the other hand, why argue with success? It's a formula that seems to work time and time again, whether it's one of the women's shooting groups, or the NRA's "Women on Target" events. (Oh, and who am I kidding?... who DOESN"T love a pretty target? ;)).

Here's a recent example: this guy is a firearms instructor in Detroit who arranges free training for women every year - in a 2-day event spanning 2 different ranges and utilizing dozens of instructors. Hey, he got a thousand women to attend last month on the event's 10th anniversary! As a 2A supporter, I think you can't argue with anything that draws in that many people and gives them a safe and positive first-time experience with firearms... I say kudos to him and everyone else who helped make this happen! Nice story.

https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/articles/2021/9/10/proof-that-inner-city-residents-also-want-and-need-their-freedom 

• Like 4

I think Starbucks and Target are considering installing ranges in the rear of some of their stores.  

• Haha 1

Whatever works to draw people in. Ranges need more promotions better marketing.

Ranges should offer 1st timers a free lesson, then offer a gift card that can only be used for a purchase at the range.

If you have RO's that aren't busy, really doesn't cost all that much. Hopefully some join or continue to come back.

• Agree 1