Jump to content
Deadhead73

Gunsmith/ Gun shop refused to install 5050 Reverse Flash Can

Recommended Posts

Went to the Arsenal gun shop with a 50/50 Reverse Flash can which is nothing more than a linear compensator. Its a tube with threads in the middle that really is nothing more than for looks. At most all it does is push the gas out in front of the shooter. It does not quiet the sound or anything like that. I did my NICS and they called me the gun work was done as well. I walk out and they have their own muzzle break pin and welded to my ar-15  Sig m400. You would figure they would call and let me know instead of just putting their own item on there. Cost to pin the stock and take off the flash hider and then put on their own muzzle brake was 155 dollars. 

Just because they never saw a reverse flash can before. Now is it even worth paying someone to drill out the muzzle brake just to put on the flash can? Or better off with a muzzle brake anyway?

5b255678597ed71aae477cea_480x.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I dont know that I would've even taken possession of the rifle if work had been done that I hadn't approved. However, I'm wondering if they were worried that it would be considered a flash hider. I know some places go by that stupid "tip of the pinky finger" thing which is asinine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope you paid with a credit card. You ca dispute the charge as they didn't perform the work you requested as well as vandalized your property.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2021 at 5:03 PM, Deadhead73 said:

Went to the Arsenal gun shop with a 50/50 Reverse Flash can which is nothing more than a linear compensator. Its a tube with threads in the middle that really is nothing more than for looks. At most all it does is push the gas out in front of the shooter. It does not quiet the sound or anything like that. I did my NICS and they called me the gun work was done as well. I walk out and they have their own muzzle break pin and welded to my ar-15  Sig m400. You would figure they would call and let me know instead of just putting their own item on there. Cost to pin the stock and take off the flash hider and then put on their own muzzle brake was 155 dollars. 

Just because they never saw a reverse flash can before. Now is it even worth paying someone to drill out the muzzle brake just to put on the flash can? Or better off with a muzzle brake anyway?

5b255678597ed71aae477cea_480x.jpg

It says “flash” on the product description so it won’t pass muster with the NJSP and muzzle orifice is larger than bullet diameter so the gunsmith covered their shop but should have alerted you before they made the change. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2021 at 5:03 PM, Deadhead73 said:

I walk out and they have their own muzzle break pin and welded to my ar-15  Sig m400. You would figure they would call and let me know instead of just putting their own item on there. Cost to pin the stock and take off the flash hider and then put on their own muzzle brake was 155 dollars. 

That's crazy.

I understand why they didn't want to put the flash can thing on, but to randomly pin and weld something to your rifle is unacceptable IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

That's crazy.

I understand why they didn't want to put the flash can thing on, but to randomly pin and weld something to your rifle is unacceptable IMO.

The sole reason they did not install it. Was they never had seen one before. I even told them that it really serves no purpose but for looks. If anything, it pushes the gas out front, like a linear compensator. Which is legal.  Before i had left, i said well if the gunsmith feels uncomfortable putting what I want on there. I will pick something else. just let me know.  ok, we will give you a call. 

5 days later. Get a text message. NICS passed. Compliance work done. Pick up and look at it in the back of my SUV. I was like holy cow! I had no choice in what my muzzle brake was or was not to be!!!

After i cooled down and got it to the range on Sunday. It shot great. However, this is my first AR so i have nothing to compare it to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, FairbanksRusty said:

It says “flash” on the product description so it won’t pass muster with the NJSP and muzzle orifice is larger than bullet diameter so the gunsmith covered their shop but should have alerted you before they made the change. 

AH< okay I did not know this. Thanks for clearing it up. I figured that since it also had said, does not hide flash or lower sound, that I would be okay legal wise. Where I have saw others have the KAK Flash Kan installed at other NJ gun shops without issue. It is basically the same thing but a little shorter. Same hole diameter. I hate this state for these reasons alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2021 at 10:01 PM, FairbanksRusty said:

It says “flash” on the product description so it won’t pass muster with the NJSP and muzzle orifice is larger than bullet diameter so the gunsmith covered their shop but should have alerted you before they made the change. 

It's a flash can, not a flash suppressor. Perfectly legal. Unfortunately once you signed for the rifle I'm not sure what recourse you have. I'd recommend looking for another shop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...