45Doll

Ready For An Eastern Seaboard Tsunami?

2 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Where’s that giant asteroid when you need it?!

You remind me that dinosaurs ruled the earth for around 179,000,000 years, basically the length of the Mesozoic era. Humans, as we know ourselves, have been around for what? 10,000 tops?

That's why I crack up when Alexandria Occasio-Chick-Fil-A tells us we have only 12 years to live because... climate change. Proving once again that being biped does not insure intelligence.

Personally, I hope the dinosaurs get another shot at it. They won't make any movies about us, and they deserve a second chance.

And BTW, it most likely was not just the asteroid (that laid down the global iridium layer) that killed the dinosaurs. The Deccan Traps provide a big clue to a volcanic event that probably polluted the entire planet. Perhaps the largest eruption of all time. It occurred while the Indian plate was sliding over a 'hot spot' in what is now the Indian Ocean, before the India plate collided with the Eurasian plate and built the Himalayas.

Deccan Traps - Wikipedia 

10 hours ago, 45Doll said:

You remind me that dinosaurs ruled the earth for around 179,000,000 years, basically the length of the Mesozoic era. Humans, as we know ourselves, have been around for what? 10,000 tops?

That's why I crack up when Alexandria Occasio-Chick-Fil-A tells us we have only 12 years to live because... climate change. Proving once again that being biped does not insure intelligence.

Personally, I hope the dinosaurs get another shot at it. They won't make any movies about us, and they deserve a second chance.

And BTW, it most likely was not just the asteroid (that laid down the global iridium layer) that killed the dinosaurs. The Deccan Traps provide a big clue to a volcanic event that probably polluted the entire planet. Perhaps the largest eruption of all time. It occurred while the Indian plate was sliding over a 'hot spot' in what is now the Indian Ocean, before the India plate collided with the Eurasian plate and built the Himalayas.

Deccan Traps - Wikipedia 

Yep. I think of that frequently. 

Humans are so arrogant, thinking we have ANY control over this planet. 
Mother Nature, and the cosmos, holds more power over our fate than we can POSSIBLY imagine. 

We are quite insignificant in the big picture of things. 

It's kind of like Agent K said in Men In Black: 

There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT!

I think with the pandemic people have become ultra sensitive to natural catastrophes.

Oh no, the virus! La Palma! Floods! It must be the apocalypse! Doesn't help that media loves to focus on everything terrible.

Nature is full of chaos and disaster. Eventually nature will win, and we'll either be dust or in space.