SuperGuy185

Possible delay in FID need advice

(Sorry f this is a redundant topic if it is please delete my previous thread)

Hi all, I’ve recently applied for my FID and was finger printed on 8/28/21. My local PD (Manalapan) posted a sign saying 5 months from being finger printed, which I feel is unreasonable. Obviously I haven’t hit 30 days yet but I would like to have a plan for when the FID gets delayed. I’ve heard conflicting information from reputable sources that tell me to either contact the person in charge, the police chief and the mayor. Some have said to contact at local 2A organization. And finally my firearms instructor told me to sit tight and maybe send a very nice and “fluffy” e-mail to the retired police officer handling the request inquiring about the status. Others have said do nothing. Any advice here in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

18 hours ago, Vitalian2184 said:

Which is weird TBH we are a red town in a mixed county.  I heard Howell processes applications before the 30 day mark.

Doesn't matter.

Its mainly up to the Chief of Police as to how fast or slow FID applications are processed.. 

Other towns are known to process them in 30 days give or take so it can be done.

Update:

Went to a "Meet the Mayor" event and after about an hour of people bitching about a pool community or whatever I was able to talk to the mayor and deputy mayor.  A police sergeant approached me and asked me for my information and stated that someone would get back to me this week.  Here is hoping.

• Like 1

Well it looks like my efforts paid off!  A SGT from the local PD said my background check passed and it’s up to the Chief to sign off on it!  Thanks all for the advice!  Should be any day now.

EDIT: The SGT also said my finger prints "got lost in the system".  Had I not called it likely would not have been resolved.

2 hours ago, Vitalian2184 said:

Well it looks like my efforts paid off!  A SGT from the local PD said my background check passed and it’s up to the Chief to sign off on it!  Thanks all for the advice!  Should be any day now.

EDIT: The SGT also said my finger prints "got lost in the system".  Had I not called it likely would not have been resolved.

my town tried the fingerprint bs when my mother went for her fpid a few years ago. it was the same deal. had i not called to check on her paperwork status, we'd never have known.

11 hours ago, Vitalian2184 said:

Yeah I just got another e-mail saying the ID should available "very soon" so I am very excited.

You should have another email Thursday or Friday latest, saying they are done.  That was the timing for me.

• Like 1