DirtyDigz

AR15 Newbie - building a first AR

Looking for opinions on this upper.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-16-mid-length-stainless-223-wylde-ss12g2-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

I have a lower and want something that's accurate between 1&300 yds. If this isn't good, any idea where I could find a decent barrel. Starting with a bcm blem upper that I have and building around it might be a better idea it's just looking thru the tons of choices is confusing.

My end plan is a 16-18" mid length barrel with a full length hand guard. I have a m-223 scope and an SSA-E waiting for it. Wouldn't mind spending up to 600. For complete upper I could always get to the stripped upper rec. next time.

Thanks,

John

Noobie to building an ar here. whats the procedures as far as registering a lower that i built myself

I assume from your description that you started with an 80% lower which you completed while in PA visiting friends!!! You then brought your completed 80% lower back to the PRNJ!

You DO NOT and Cannot register that lower (that you completed in Pennsylvania and has no serial #) in NJ. Besides, there is no law requiring you to register it here!!!  Just have fun with your new build!!

I assume from your description that you started with an 80% lower which you completed while in PA visiting friends!!! You then brought your completed 80% lower back to the PRNJ!

You DO NOT and Cannot register that lower (that you completed in Pennsylvania and has no serial #) in NJ. Besides, there is no law requiring you to register it here!!! Just have fun with your new build!!

Actually have not even started building yet

Actually have not even started building yet

Okay, Let's start from scratch!  What are you planning to build?? I assume an AR style rifle! So you need a lower! Are you planning to buy a stripped lower and add the parts??? Or are to planning to buy an 80% lower (a Chunk

of aluminum that you have to mill out to make a lower)??

Okay, Let's start from scratch! What are you planning to build?? I assume an AR style rifle! So you need a lower! Are you planning to buy a stripped lower and add the parts??? Or are to planning to buy an 80% lower (a Chunk

of aluminum that you have to mill out to make a lower)??

A stripped lower

Now can I follow this even if I got a drop in trigger group ? (CMC Trigger) how would I adjust?

All there steps for the trigger install is reduced to drop it in, insert the two pins. I believe the CMC trigger has c clips, so you would pop those on the pins once inserted.

• Like 1