Old Glock guy

Tactical shotgun class suggestions?

I've got my new Beretta 1301 Tactical shotgun all set up with a sling, an RDS, and shotgun cards for spare ammo.  (I was going to add a +2 extension tube, but discovered that I could get a fifth round into the mag tube.)  I'm looking to run it through a solid intermediate or so class.  Wondering if anyone has any recommendations?

Joe at Sights and Trigger has done a Defensive Shotgun class in the past - usually in the fall. I took it a few years ago. Not sure if it’s on his schedule this year or not.

As always, a well run and safe class with good instruction, a practical lesson plan, reasonable round count, and great training value at a fair price and close enough for a day class.

If Joe offers it, S&T is always a good choice. 

Finally got to run my Beretta 1301 Tactical through a class last Sunday, 12/6 at Gun for Hire's Urban Shotgun 1. I was going to post an AAR, but my notes would have been similar to those from Urban Carbine 2 that I took recently.  It was interesting to note that in a class of seven (a good turnout for a shotgun class), there were four of us with Beretta 1301's.  There was also a Benelli M4, for a total of five semiautos.  (The other two were a 590 A1 and a classic 870.)  Mine is equipped with a Vickers sling, a Sig Romeo 5 red dot optic, and velcro tape for attaching shotgun shell cards.

I have noted how GFH continues to find top-notch instructors from LE and the military.  Our lead instructor for US1 was Vlad, who trains police, and has trained with Spec ops people.  With the assistant instructor, Doug, the class was informative, safe, and most of all fun. 

People on this board will sometimes complain about the cost of GFH classes, but for returning students, they are a bargain.  Even at full price, for the quality of instruction and the fact that training with them does not require a long drive or a plane trip, IMHO they are well worth it. 

40 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

People on this board will sometimes complain about the cost of GFH classes, but for returning students, they are a bargain.  Even at full price, for the quality of instruction and the fact that training with them does not require a long drive or a plane trip, IMHO they are well worth it. 

Agree with this.

The instructors are top notch and they REALLY seem to enjoy what they're doing.

I've never sensed an attitude from them that I'm a civilian and they're former/current military/LEO.  They give zero shits who you are, they just want to share the curriculum and make sure everyone is safe.

@gunforhire does a fantastic job of hiring instructors!