Grapeshot

Hodgdon closes GOEX powder plant

There are a few foreign brands, but they can be hard to find and usually command premium prices (Scheutzen if you can find it,  Swiss). GOEX has always been the "go to" choice for most shooters I know.  And you can always use Pyrodex, but it just ain't the same. This part of the hobby is about to become a lot more expensive. 

• Like 1

Black powder is very easy to make.   It's making desired-size granules to the quality standards of the commercial stuff that is hard.   And I wouldn't much want to be doing it on a large scale.

... And it's already begun. Was going to take a ride up to Dixon's today to pick up 2 lbs of 2F. They told me they were out of all black powder! She was hoping to get a shipment of Swiss 1 1/2  in next week, and was limiting purchases to 1 lb. The Swiss is in 1/2 lb containers at ~$25 each.  

12 minutes ago, Sudsy said:

The first shipments of the new Goex should be hitting the shelves !!

https://www.benzinga.com/pressreleases/23/09/g34357326/estes-energetics-restarts-shipment-of-goex-black-powder

Saved by Estes Rockets!

image.thumb.png.20b1a4bc544befdb05421107189986d0.png