david8613

Moving to New address, fire arms purchaser ID question?

5 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

You will have to go through the entire application process all over again.  It's not like a DL where they slap a sticker with updated address.  It will be like you never had a FPID at all after you move.

In other words one of the many hoops N.J. gun owners are forced to jump through, over and over.

But if you're an illegal alien just arrived from Haiti N.J. welcomes you with open arms. 

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Bomber said:

But if you're an illegal alien just arrived from Haiti N.J. welcomes you with open arms. 

Except they can't get a FPID.  All they can do is buy a black market gun, get caught using it in a crime and have the gun charges dismissed to help the Demoncrat overlords with their crime statistics.

• Like 1
  • Crazy 1

6 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

You will have to go through the entire application process all over again.  It's not like a DL where they slap a sticker with updated address.  It will be like you never had a FPID at all after you move.

AND you're going to need a new D/L with your correct/matching address on it.

A stickered D/L will NOT fly at most FFLs.

Go online with NJ MVC and file for a replacement for lost/mutilated D/L.

No personal visit to the agency necessary. They'll use your current picture.

22 hours ago, ianargent said:

I moved across town and had to get a new FPID; had to do the full fig with the same PD that issued my original one. 

Same.

Fortunately our town clerk is fantastic with ID's and permits, so it was a quicker turnaround for me than the initial application.

As others have mentioned you'll need to get your new driver license first.

I just did this a little over a year ago, Mount Laurel to Cherry Hill.

Yes, you have to go online and fill out the same form.  There a box that you check indicating that it's an address change and you will include the number from you current card.  You don't actually go through the whole process.

Even during Covid, mine took about a week.

You do not need to have your drivers license updated. You do need to provide proof of ID and proof of address. A DL does both very conveniently, but you can supply separate documents. E.g. passport and your signed rental agreement, property tax bill, utility bill, etc.

There is no requirement that you be able to drive to acquire a firearm.

3 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

You do not need to have your drivers license updated. You do need to provide proof of ID and proof of address. A DL does both very conveniently, but you can supply separate documents. E.g. passport and your signed rental agreement, property tax bill, utility bill, etc.

There is no requirement that you be able to drive to acquire a firearm.

@Mr.Stu WAY TOO MANY Pink Card holders have NO idea that THIS^^^^ is a THING!

And @david8613 I'll go one step further.  You don't need to be SIGHTED or pass an eye test to own a firearms collection.  It's NOT considered to be a disability (being legally blind!).  If it were, semi-blind diabetics would be subject to arrest and their collections "confiscated for the greater good"...

`Rosey

15 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

@Mr.Stu WAY TOO MANY Pink Card holders have NO idea that THIS^^^^ is a THING!

And @david8613 I'll go one step further.  You don't need to be SIGHTED or pass an eye test to own a firearms collection.  It's NOT considered to be a disability (being legally blind!).  If it were, semi-blind diabetics would be subject to arrest and their collections "confiscated for the greater good"...

`Rosey

And in fact there has been a blind dude who won his lawsuits to keep his FPIDs (after some mildly questionable but not actually illegal behavior)

On 10/3/2021 at 10:57 AM, ianargent said:

I moved across town and had to get a new FPID; had to do the full fig with the same PD that issued my original one. 

Ditto here.  Had to do the same thing, but it was pretty quick, and I did not need a new set of fingerprints.