GDITurbo77

Updated pic of our little family

Hey all. So we are about a year in from first getting our FID cards. Our current collection consists of the following:

Sig P320X Compact RXP (9mm)

Canik TP9SFX (9mm)

Smith & Wesson 686-6 Plus (.357 Magnum)

Kimber Custom LW Shadow Ghost (.45 acp)

RIA Rock Series 1911 FS Matte Nickel (.45 acp)

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 (.22LR)

Stag Arms Stag 15 Tactical (5.56/.223)

RIA AG Pump Action Shotgun (12ga)

We are still looking into a nice Bolt-Action and/or possibly an AK variant. Something with some wood furniture would be nice.

20211006_110002-1.jpg

• Like 7

23 hours ago, GDITurbo77 said:

Hey all. So we are about a year in from first getting our FID cards. Our current collection consists of the following:

Sig P320X Compact RXP (9mm)

Canik TP9SFX (9mm)

Smith & Wesson 686-6 Plus (.357 Magnum)

Kimber Custom LW Shadow Ghost (.45 acp)

RIA Rock Series 1911 FS Matte Nickel (.45 acp)

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 (.22LR)

Stag Arms Stag 15 Tactical (5.56/.223)

RIA AG Pump Action Shotgun (12ga)

We are still looking into a nice Bolt-Action and/or possibly an AK variant. Something with some wood furniture would be nice.

20211006_110002-1.jpg

That a lot of mouths to feed. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, GDITurbo77 said:

Tell me about it. Especially with a wife who's goal is to see how many range days she can cram into a month.

Actually, I think you're among the lucky few... I've noticed a lot of guys on here sometimes complain that their significant others show zero interest in going to the range with them once in awhile. So, on a happy note, at least you and your wife share the same interest! :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Actually, I think you're among the lucky few... I've noticed a lot of guys on here sometimes complain that their significant others show zero interest in going to the range with them once in awhile. So, on a happy note, at least you and your wife share the same interest! :)

You're very right. She's a keeper!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, My1stGlock said:

Any Black Friday purchases or perhaps Santa bringing u something this year?

I've got my eye on either a Sig P320 X-Five Legion or the new S&W M&P 2.0 10mm. My ultimate prize is a Beretta 92X Performance but I'm not ready to drop 15 hundred on it.

On 11/20/2021 at 11:10 AM, GDITurbo77 said:

I've got my eye on either a Sig P320 X-Five Legion or the new S&W M&P 2.0 10mm. My ultimate prize is a Beretta 92X Performance but I'm not ready to drop 15 hundred on it.

The 92x performance is the easiest pistol to shoot, follow up shots are super easy, it’s weight plays a big factor. Love the sights. If you haven’t handled one yet do so, the weight is quite a bit. The included full back strap is like having glue on your hand.

My LGS had a colt Delta Elite in stock two weeks ago, it’s on my short list.

On 11/20/2021 at 11:10 AM, GDITurbo77 said:

The X-Five Legion is a lot of gun for the money. LGS down here has/had them for $899. Can’t go wrong with the weight of a metal framed gun with the flex of polymer. 
I will eventually love mine, but I still need to break it in. It didn’t like my 115 gr Federal with the heavy spring, so I need to see if it likes the light spring it comes with. Some folks say it needs to be broken in with the light spring, then you can swap out for the heavier spring. I’ll find out later this week. 

X-Five is super sweet. My last purchase came down to that or a Walther PPQ 5 inch. I ended up getting the PPQ which is probably the most natural pointing pistol I have ever tried. It is amazing so I don’t ever regret buying it but I still think about the X-five. 

I would also suggest you check out a CZ 75 of some sort. I often have a toss up between the PPQ and my CZ75 sp01 as to which is my best. They are both very well made and accurate shooters.

I usually give the nod the the Walther because it is pretty much perfect for me out of the box. I bought tritium sights for it but haven’t gotten around to putting them on yet because I just shoot that gun so well with the stock sights that I’m afraid to screw with it. 

-Jim

1 hour ago, FDHog said:

Best gun out of the box that I have is my Springfield Loaded Operator. First 8 shots were in a 3 inch group at 15 yds. Not changing a damn thing on that gun.

I have the same pistol.  No need to change anything! My favorite 1911 by far!