Displaced Texan

Old shotgun project now complete

4 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

These two guys are 25’ from my house right now.

[sigh]  Yannoooo.  That's just plain mean.  The pix you posted,  it's like showing pix of S Korea to N Koreans, Taiwan to mainland Chinese. 

At our house in the suburbs our record was 32 does crossing our lawn, from the woodlot to the woodlot on the other side.   I took this photo on another day when 23 had assembled on the side lawn (not quite all made it into the photo)  These are maybe 40' from the house.  It's not a big side lawn.  We're in a no-hunting town, of course.   More typically we have 10 or 12 does that never leave the cul-de-sac.   

For the last month or so, we've also had one nice 4 pt (western count) buck and two spike bucks chasing them around.

IMG_8741.jpeg

• Like 1

We have about a dozen that pass through our backyard at various times of the day. 
That big buck beds down right behind our house, literally 25’ from my porch. Wife (and the community regulations) say I can’t shoot them. That’s frowned upon, I guess. 

Damn it. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

I'll bring the crock pot.

Good idea.  After completing all that work on the gun, he'll need to confirm the point of impact hasn't changed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

Lol. Yeah. Cost more than it is worth, but was fun to do. 

Sometimes value isn't just about the dollars.  You will enjoy that scatter gun for a long time, fondly remembering how you were strong armed into giving it a makeover.  We are from the forum, and we're here to help ;)