82flh

had a brain fart...trade my ar's for complete lowers

i found a dude would trade me 2 complete lowers for each rifle...hmm m&p15 sport 2's

now if i do this....back in NJ can you buy uppers thru the mail? or do you need fid cards?

i was thinking....6 lowers would be alot better than 3 rifles...think lowers are gonna go thru the roof soon?

thinking of it as investment opinions?

On 10/22/2021 at 9:44 PM, FDHog said:

With one lower you can have a bunch of different rifles. All the same caliber of course.

Large frame and small frame can each accommodate a number of different calibers. 

OP, If you think it's an investment... just buy stripped lowers and keep the rifles. They're cheap enough right now and you would definitely make out better then what ever deal you described.

A high quality upper is worth a lot more than a lower. If you want lowers as an investment, just buy a few stripped lowers and stash them. A full rifle costs what, $600-700 bare minimum? Aero stripped lowers can usually be had for around $100, while Anderson is under that.

IMO, it probably makes sense to have two or three lowers, but stacking them deep makes no sense. Everyone and their dog has stocked up on lowers over the last year, and Congress currently doesn’t have the votes for anything too crazy. Even if they did pass something, so many lowers have been sold that I doubt prices would be similar to had you bought a full auto before 1986.

Also, a lower is nothing but a chunk of metal until you build it out. A complete rifle is inherently more valuable, as it can go bang immediately. ;)

It depends on what the lowers are complete with. 

My fancy 3 gun rifle lower would cost about $600 to reproduce right now as close as possible. About $450 if I made some fiscally strategic substitutions.  But I can build out a $40 poverty pony with the cheapest stuff for about $120. 

If you just want to stash some lowers, but some lowers cheap.